The Process Of Getting A Summer Job As Told By 'New Girl'

Because the struggle is real.

11
http://www.memecenter.com/fun/1599427/summer-job

You come home from school after busting your butt of a stressful semester and taking finals, and all you want to finally do is relax. Between friendships, sorority obligations, schoolwork, clubs, and having a social life there is barely time for anything. But, when you come home it finally hits you that you can't relax quite just yet...you have to find yourself a summer job before the rest of the college kids in your town come and take them all up. You kind of wish to yourself that you set up an internship for the summer, but who the hell wants an "unpaid" internship....definitely not me. As much as I would love the experience, unfortunately my great looks are not going to fill up my gas tank on its own or buy me any of the summer clothes I wish for.

1. You come home from college and you realize that you are poor as sh*! because your parents have been the ones putting money in your account all semester and you have no way of supporting yourself.

2. You become angry with yourself because you want to treat your fine-ass self to some new clothes and sneakers, but realize you have no money to do so. I mean, hey, you just pushed through a really rough semester. You should be rewarded with something…right?

3. Well, you then decide to ask your parents for some money just so you can at least get started. They can’t possibly expect you to go job hunting without any gas in your car.

4. You call at least seven places and strangely enough, “nobody is hiring.” You Google every place you can possibly think of before you start considering giving up.

5. You then think to yourself that you like kids, so why not become a babysitter… What a fantastic idea! So you apply online to about 12 applications.

6. Well, somebody finally calls you back after filling out the 4,000 applications you applied to online.

7. You become super excited and put on your best outfit to try and impress the manager who will be interviewing you.

8. You are then asked to check off which days you are available and think to yourself how you just want to be an adult already because who the hell wants to work on a weekend when you could be getting your tan on down the shore.

9. Luckily, you kill your interview and the manager asks you to come back again tomorrow for a follow up. You get so excited because Hello Money.

10. You get the job and you feel totally good about yourself because now you can buy yourself all of the things you want (even though most of it will probably ending up going toward food and alcohol, but whatever).

11. You finally start your first day of work and you think to yourself how lovely it would be if you could get paid to binge watch Netflix all day because in reality that is what you would rather be doing.