To The People Who Have Made Me Who I Am Today

Everyone in life is either a blessing or lesson, but I thank them all the same.

1467
clearstreamcoaching.com

They say that everyone you meet in your life is either a blessing or a lesson. This becomes more and more true as I get older. God will not put a person in your life for no reason. He puts people in our lives to teach us important life lessons or because they simply make life better. Either way, everyone you have met in life has played some role in the person you've become, whether its for the better or worse. So this is my thank you letter to everyone I've met in life, the good and bad.

To my parents: Thank you for leading me in the right path since basically birth. You've taught me right from wrong and given me what I need to be successful. You've raised me to love God with all that I have, given me good morals and pushed me to be the best that I can be. You've taught me that its okay to know my worth and move on from something or someone that will only hurt me in the process. You've taught me to stand up for myself and gave me the loving, compassionate heart that I have. I could go on and on, but I'll save it for a rainy day. Just know that I love you both so much and I wouldn't be able to make it without you...even when we do get on each others' nerves.

To my siblings: Where do I even start? For one, thanks for giving me your witty sarcasm and sassy personality. It really helps me through life. Also, you thickened up my skin at a young age because you and your older friends were always so mean; but now that we're both older and super close I love you and your friends more than anything. Thanks for the endless amount of deep conversations and 'roast' sessions you've given me to make me feel better about some drama that may have happened. Thanks for being the best sister I have... and technically only one.

You're pretty cool for always buying me food, too.

To my best friends: For one, thanks for putting up with me even when I'm a hot mess. You gals and guys have truly seen me at my worst and best and still haven't abandoned me. I can talk nonstop about the same thing for weeks and you still continue to listen and act interested. You've helped me through my worst times and never fail to put a smile on my face. We've shared a lot fun, crazy moments, loads of laughs, and lots of love. I wouldn't be able to make it through life without you.

To my classmates: Well, well, well. This is my last year spent with you guys and there's been a lot of reminiscing going on. My favorite past time in a boring class is sitting around and talking about the memories we made in elementary and junior high. We've cried together, laughed together and taken big steps together. My only hope is that when we go our separate ways in May, these precious memories will forever stay with us.

To all the boys: Every single one of my ex-boyfriends have taught me something important in life and I couldn't be more grateful for that. These lessons range from knowing my worth and accepting nothing less of what I deserve to how to handle a relationship in a mature way. Bad or good terms, I hope the best and nothing less than happiness for all of you.

To the mean girls: Yes, you've made me cry and broke my confidence down to zero. You took pride, knowing how much you hurt my feelings, However, here I am today, thanking you for what you've done in the past. You've given me the greater appreciation for being kind people and inspired me to be a friendly person to anyone and everyone. You have also contributed to the compassionate heart that I have. So yes, you have played a major role in my life. You've given me thicker skin and made me into the kind, loving gal I am today.

To my supporters: This extends out to anyone who has pushed me to do my best. I wouldn't have been able to make it where I am today without your encouraging and kind words. You are what keeps me going and keeps a smile on my face even when I want to be sad. You've supported me through many things, whether it be dance competitions/recitals or school events. I love you more than anything and appreciate everything you've done for me. Even if it's just a sweet comment on Facebook, which can actually be a big confidence booster if I'm being honest.

So with that said, I understand the difference between blessings and lessons, but I thank all of them just the same because I would not be here without them.