The Peace Of God

The Peace Of God

"...which transforms all understanding..."

10
The Peace Of God
Google

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27

Have you ever been so upset, that you feel a pain in your chest unlike anything you've ever felt before? It literally feels like your heart is breaking in two. That feeling alone causes more sadness to erupt in your mind - leaving you to feel sincerely hopeless. It may be caused by the loss of a loved one, or seeing someone you love in pain. No matter the reason, it is not easy.

Maybe you've had someone make a joke about something you are very insecure about. You get this weird pain in your stomach, and you try to laugh along with everyone else - but deep down, it hurt you. Really badly.

Or maybe, you have anxiety. Your know what it is like to have your heart start beating really fast and you feel like you can't seem to calm down fast enough - which causes more anxiety. Peace feels out of sight, and like it will never return.

In each of these situations, you feel a pain that brews in your heart. One lesson I have learned in my short nineteen years of being on this earth, is to pray when those situations come up. I know what it's like to feel completely hopeless, and have peace come on me.

The peace of God is truly an amazing thing. It's the most comforting feeling in the world to be in the middle of a difficult storm, and get this feeling deep within your heart that everything is going to be okay.

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:7

"Which transcends all understanding..." is the most accurate way to describe the feeling. It doesn't make sense. That's the cool thing about God though - even when you don't feel like you should have it, God thinks you deserve it. He is willing to bestow all of the things we need, even when we feel we don't deserve it.

Going through a storm? I encourage you to take a few minutes and just ask God to give you His peace. It doesn't have to be a long prayer, just lay your issues at His feet and ask Him for peace. You'll never know unless you try.