6 Bible Verses For When You Feel Like You’re Not Enough

If you find yourself drained and feeling like you’re not enough, listen to the truth of the Lord.

113868
Kristin Duff

So often we fall into the brokenness of this world and let our weaknesses and insecurities overtake us. We focus on what others think and say about us instead of falling to the truth that pours from our Lord. We care so deeply about being accepted by those around us instead of resting in the acceptance and overwhelming love that God has for us. If you find yourself drained and feeling like you’re not enough, listen to the truth of the Lord.

Genesis 1:27

“So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”

God created you in His image. You were created with greatness and modeled after the Almighty God. He chose every aspect of you down to how many hairs are on your head, and he chose each thing for a reason. You were created for greatness because you were created by greatness. Don’t let the ways of this world tell you that you aren’t enough or that you need to change. Instead find strength and confidence in the hands that created you.

Ephesians 2:10

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Your life has purpose, a purpose that was created before you were even conceived. You are His beautiful creation and he has a plan for your life. Don’t get discouraged in your weaknesses, but find God’s greatness in your strengths. You were given those life gifts for a reason and they will guide you to the destination the Lord has decided for you.

Romans 8:39

“Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

You are so loved. You are so loved. That is something you can never hear enough. Nothing you will ever do will break the love that the Lord has for you. Even in your weakest moments where you feel unworthy and inadequate, you are loved and seen in fullness and greatness. Don’t let anyone or anything make you feel less than you are because you are so worthy of love and praise.

Deuteronomy 33:12

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”

Find your strength and shelter from the darkness the world lays on you in the Lord. Seek out His truth and cling to it. Stomp out the lies of the enemy and don’t let yourself start to see them at truths. You are beloved and sought after by the Lord. He loves you and wants to protect you from pain, hurt and destruction so let him. He is your place of rest when everything seems to be going wrong.

John 16:33

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Jesus has overcome the world so he is more than capable to overcome the struggles you face. All the doubts, worries and anxieties you face, all the times you try to be the best that you can be and still seem to fall short, all of the times that you aren’t accepted, every negative thought, heartbreak and tear have been overcome by the Lord. Fall to Him and find your strength in Him and he will help you to overcome them too.

Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Don’t fall to the ways of this world because they will always leave you empty and left out to dry. It is so hard to give up control of your life but when you lose control, you gain immeasurably more. When you have put yourself out there and fall short time after time, find encouragement in the Lord’s plan for your life. Give it all to Him and he will keep you on the correct path. He is working in your life even during the most painful and hardest moments. Trust Him and he will lead you into the greatness you were created for.