Kyle Kashuv Is The Parkland Teen We Should Be Talking About

Kyle Kashuv is proof that we truly live in an era of "Fake News"

155
YouTube

In the past few months, there has been mass media attention focused on the survivors of the most recent school shooting in Parkland, Florida. After experiencing this tragedy, these teenagers, including, Emma Gonzalez, David Hogg, Cameron Casky, and Alex Wind, have been in the spotlight, yearning for gun control laws. Additionally, these teenagers organized the nation-wide School Walk Out and the March for Our Lives in commemoration of the seventeen victims and in hopes of proactive change in gun legislation.

However, despite the constant media attention of these teenagers, there is one Parkland survivor and activist who has not been included in his classmate's recent fame and attention. He is not on the cover of Time Magazine, was not invited to the March for Our Lives in Washington D.C., and was not seen on national television during the CNN Town Hall Debate. His name is Kyle Kashuv, and the only reason why he has been excluded from this limelight is because of his conservative opinions.

Kyle firmly believes in the bipartisan change to solve the issues of gun violence and mass shootings in America, an issue that is extremely personal to him. Despite his young age, Kyle has taken the last couple of months to engage in constructive and effective dialogue with members of our government, including President Trump. Unlike his other classmates who would rather hang up with President Trump, Kyle recognizes the power to solve this issue is not by ignoring or demonizing those who disagree with you politically, but rather, by engaging in meaningful conversation with them in efforts to discover a common ground. Because that is truly how noteworthy legislation is passed within this country.

Additionally, Kyle has reached out to his left-leaning classmates that are in the constant eyes of the media. He has asked for a debate with Parkland survivor David Hogg, yet David has refused any notion of debate. Despite Kyle's commitment to speaking with legislatures, Kyle is also not afraid of pointing out the left's hypocrisy when addressing students of Parkland.

At the CNN Town Hall Debate, Kyle sat down in his seat, eager to ask Republican Senator of Florida Marco Rubio a question. Yet, Kyle has explained how the CNN producers handed him a script with pre-written questions, advising him not to go off the script; therefore, Kyle's initial question was disregarded and not even asked. The refusal to listen to people of different political perspectives is the reason why loopholes currently exist within our legislation, and it is why tragedies like this continue to happen.

Nearly a month later, Kyle was denied from speaking at the March for Our Lives, the nation-wide protest to stand in solidarity with the Parkland survivors...except for one. Kyle's lack of media coverage proves various hypocrisies within a liberal-biased media. This media only aims to cover those student activists who support leftist agenda.

Kyle Kashuv is proof that we truly live in an era of "Fake News ". We are constantly surrounded by a media that does not accurately or holistically report current events, especially political issues, but rather only presents this from a single-sided lens. We live in a world where news stations, radio hosts, and magazines disregard a seventeen-year-old school shooting survivor simply because of his political views. Is his story not worthy enough? Why doesn't his experience matter to these stations? Does his diverse approach on the issue of gun laws not matter? And why not?

Until Kyle Kashuv receives proper attention and cooperation from his fellow classmates and activists, news channels, and media, political issues, such as gun violence and gun control, will only continue to circulate in a continuous motion without any differentiating opinions, solutions, or perspectives.