The Ordinary is Tik Tok's New Worthy Skincare Obsession

This brand went viral on Tik Tok for its amazing products, and it really is worth the praise.

43
  • I was skeptical about the fad for The Ordinary products on Tik Tok because their products are so affordable, especially with a high concentration of chemicals.
  • I decided to try the product out for myself to see if it was worth the hype that several popular creators were giving it.
  • I have very sensitive skin, so I decided to take one for the team and see if their high concentration products would do damage to my skin.
  • To say the least, I was surprised with how well the product works.

I found this product through many recommendations by popular creators on Tik Tok, so I thought that if these creators were getting lots of attention for their recommendations, they must work. I do not always trust popular creators because of endorsements and such, but many normal people duetted the popular creators to say that their products really do work.

The Ordinary has many products, and most of them come in glass bottles with a dropper inside. Most are clear liquids, but some are other colors such as red or brown. When The Ordinary products are used, most of them are a little sticky at first, but will try to a mostly matte finish. You rub the products on lightly to the skin until they dry into the skin. Each product has different instructions on when to use the product in your skincare routine.

I have very sensitive, dry skin as an aftermath of Acutane, and I have not had problems with the product at all. In fact, I have not had any whitehead breakouts since I started using the product. I personally have been using the Hyaluronic acid 3% solution and the Niacinamide 10% solution and I have seen improvements in my skin with both.

The product itself comes in a glass bottle, which is recyclable and better for the environment than plastic bottles, which is a great plus for me. I also believe that it is suitable for most skin types, as long as some of the chemicals do not bother your skin. If you have acne or very sensitive skin, I would recommend either trying out a product or calling a dermatologist first to make sure the chemicals will not hurt your skin type.

This product really stands out because of the quality of skincare for such a low price. The Ordinary is doing a great job with making sure that anyone and everyone is capable of getting to their products, which I know my bank account is thankful for. For its low price, it does better for my skin than many of my expensive creams I have used in the past. This is the product that truly showed me that price is not everything when it comes to good product.

The only real downside to this product is that the bottles the product is offered in are relatively small. But, on the other hand, the bottles are very inexpensive so it is not too much of a burden to buy more bottles. There really have not been any other downfalls to the products yet for me.

You should buy this product because it is worth the bang for your buck. I recommend reading through their product list and figuring out which product would be best for the problem you are correcting on your skin. There are many other skin boosting serums, but I believe this one is the best and definitely deserves the attention it gets.

Buy The Ordinary at Ulta for $5-8