Spiritual Warfare is real.

The One True Enemy

This world may bring us many battles that we have to fight.

21
https://www.pexels.com/photo/battle-black-board-game-chess-411207/

When was the last time you heard a sermon about temptation or Satan's tricks? To be honest, I haven't heard one in a long while. I feel like we don't talk enough about what temptation is or how Satan works against us in our daily lives enough. Not that Satan deserves to be talked about, but I do think it's important to advice one another on that type of subject.

I think nowadays, especially the younger generation, we think that we know everything and that we are invincible. Scientists say that we have the most technology than ever before in the world, and while that's great, we still don't know everything. We, as the imperfect humans that we are, are not invincible. I think we have gotten to the point where we think if I'm a Christian, nothing can hurt me. God is all-powerful and He will protect you, but Satan is also trying to mess you up at any point in time. The temptation is real and it's one of Satan's favorite weapons.

First, let's talk about this thing called temptation. In Matthew 4, it talks about how Jesus is being tempted by Satan, over and over again. Satan keeps saying "well if you are the Son of God, do this and this and this." Jesus constantly tells Satan to back off, but Satan keeps on trying.

So if Satan can tempt the most perfect person who has and will ever live, I'm 100% positive that Satan can tempt you and me. I feel like the majority of us know that, but I think we get a little sidetrack about who is the one speaking to us.

In the book of Job, Satan constantly is attacking Job, physically and emotionally. Satan even takes Job's children away. While Job is completely devastated, he knows that God is faithful and will help him through all of this. He still worships and glorifies God for who He is.

However, I think a lot of time when things go wrong for us in the world, we tend to blame God. When we didn't get what we wanted, we blame God. When we lost a family member, we blame God. I think that we forget that the devil is real and he is the one working against us.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

Think about a bully okay? Now is the bully going to mess more with the person who gives in to him or the person who stands up for themselves and doesn't let the bully have power over him/her? If you guessed the second person, you're right.

See Satan wants to strike more at the Christians, who are constantly seeking the Lord. However, we have to realize that we serve a faithful God, and even when things don't go our way, we can praise God for who He is and the promises that He gives us.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." - Ephesians 6:10-11

We have an enemy named Satan. God is not our enemy. We are not each others enemy. Even though we live in a broken world and things might not always go the way you hoped for, God is faithful and He is good. This world may bring us many battles that we have to fight, but in the end, Jesus has already won the battle for us.