Trials of Being A Christian

6 Tricks That The Enemy Uses every Day To Try To Take Your Faith

Christian to Christian, you mind if I encourage you right quick?

235
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-looking-holding-while-holding-head-with-left-hand-883441/

One common accusation I hear about within Christianity would be telling people that their pain is a result of their sins. I've heard a lot of pointing the finger at people without other Christians really asking each other why they do the things they do, how they feel or how to overcome complicated issues.

Can I encourage you right quick?

Did you know that there's pain that you endure simply from being a saint? There are persecution, tests, and trials that you go through simply because you're dedicated to following Christ wherever he wants to take you.

Now I know the term "spiritual warfare" can sound ridiculously religious and talking about the "devil" or "the enemy" can too but these things are very real. I didn't grow up having the privilege of not having to be aware of the devil because his attacks were the source of my experience with depression.

I want to make sure that I'm able to help you or anyone else deal with these things before you fall prey to it.

I've learned in church that the last thing the enemy wants is for you to know who you are in Christ.

He doesn't want you to walk in the room with the beautiful spirit that you have. He doesn't want you to be able to help your friends or your enemies. He doesn't want you speaking life into others. He doesn't want you to know how great, unique and impactful you are. He doesn't want you to find those rooms and relationships that you didn't know you were so needed in and such an asset for. He doesn't want you to tap into that higher thinking and maturity. He surely doesn't want you being an inspiration or influence to encouraging other people to Christ.

He wants to make you feel bad about who you are because you took his position. (Isaiah 6:1-3)

The enemy used to be able to worship God like you do in heaven and that was taken away from him because of his pride. The nature of his tongue is to lie (John 8:44) so he'll tell you the exact opposite of who you are because he wishes he could sit where you sit with God.

I hope to encourage you to be smart about the things he might send to you because he is crafty.

1. It Would Be Smart... To Get You Worried About What People Think Of You Because...

... He knows that this is information that you'll never have access or authority or power over. It wold be smart to get you to think this is important because he knows that it can only lead to frustration.

Why can worrying about what people think only lead to frustration?

Because this is a problem that you can never solve and what people think of you is none of your business. Once you start worrying about the opinions or others or what they think of you now you're minding other people's business.

2. It Would Be Smart..To Attack The Things That You Value

I used this example because considering I'm such a family-oriented person, I believe that this is right where the devil likes to send his attacks.

Tip: One thing that I use that helps me to identify his attacks is when I sense him trying to create division in my relationships.

He's not going to use your classmates but your BEST Friend or your Favorite cousin, your Parents or People that you trust in. The things that you value are going to quickly get your attention. They will be able to shake you up quicker than the enemy trying to create division between you and someone that's irrelevant to you.

He knows that the circumstance will most likely confuse you which gives you the OPPORTUNITY to doubt God's power in your life, shut down, distance yourself, cut people off and to not deal with things. None of these things reflect how Christ operates. You will have doubts but when you know who you serve then you'll doubt your doubts before you doubt your God.

3. It Would Be Smart.. To Suggest Negative, Selfish Ideas To Solve Problems

He does this because he knows that reacting to situation by how you feel rather than asking God to get in the middle of it will only result in you being bound by your own selfishness and pride.

He knows that what the flesh suggests to you will never lead to what God has for you.

Everything that satisfies your flesh isn't evil but it's more so about your motives, intentions and the "why" behind you satisfying your flesh.

4. It Would Be Smart.. To Tempt You With Lust

Honestly this topic is hilarious to try to explain to younger people because typically we don't like being told what to do and we like doing what we want.

Your enemy knows that lust is never satisfied. It is deceitful. He knows that if this is your goal then you'll always be chasing for more of it. He knows that then you'll only receive instant gratification and still be left empty.

5. It Would Be Smart...To Bother You With The Thoughts Of Someone Not Liking You As If It Were Your Problem To Fix

There's nothing wrong with being accepted but the "who" and "why" behind how you're accepted can change the course of your life if you're not careful.

Your enemy knows you have NO power over this and that's it's none of your business. He knows you can't be about your father's business if you're worried about someone else's business. Let 'em talk.

6. It Would Be Smart...To Make A Big Deal Out Of People Talking About You

Tip: People are going to talk about you whether you're doing good or you're doing bad or you're in between or you're lukewarm so you might as well just be who you are.

Your enemy knows that if it's a big deal to you then you'll spend your time trying to stop it or fix it. Then you won't be able to realize that the only thing that can kill you is what YOU say about you, so if he can get you to focus on what they say and allow that to be the center of your focus then maybe it'll change the narrative of what YOU say about you.

Think about the last thing someone said about you just for this example. It had no power until you decided to make an agreement to give it power.

I was forced to address temptation, dark thoughts, negative thoughts, unhealthy levels of overthinking and suicidal thoughts at a young age. I learned from God that this came from the enemy after doing and using everything in my power to fix my mind and how I saw myself.

I wouldn't wish the spiritual warfare I had to go through on anyone.

I had to learn at an early age why all of these things were happening. Why would the enemy want to attack me so bad? Why would he want to send thoughts like that to me at such a young age?

The enemy wants your faith. Your faith is what connects yours to Christ. He doesn't want you to believe in him. He wants you to doubt who God is and what he can do so you'll never learn what your position is in the body of Christ. He doesn't want you to see yourself how God sees you because he knows that how God sees you is bigger and beyond how you see yourself no matter how much you love yourself. You can't even love you like God loves you, which is why you follow his lead and "lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5-6).

So what did I have to do after I at least had awareness about attacks that the enemy will send?

The only way to combat what he sends is through God's word.

God's word holds so much power. His word is so perfect and it reigns true yesterday, today, and forever. Throughout this walk with Christ, it seems as though the enemy tries to make you worry about everything that doesn't matter to keep you away from what does which is God.

When he makes me focus too much on self-image, body image, clothing and money then I can see that he's trying to get to put all my energy into things that will fade and can be taken away from me.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:30)

But when God is the center of my focus then my eyes are on who he is, health, helping his people, and things like praying without ceasing. These are seeds that bleed into generations after me if I make them the center of my focus now.

God has so much in store for you because he is the Alpha and Omega which means he can see the end from the beginning. He knows your next thought and decision. Your steps are ordered by him and he knows you can't do it all on your own. He just wants you to walk.