The One About La La Land

The One About La La Land

"People love what other people are passionate about."

13
The One About La La Land

La La Land made history this year at the Golden Globes, by winning seven out of seven awards it was nominated for. This movie has everyone talking and has had an extremely positive reaction.

La La Land is a musical about two characters who are both chasing their dreams, while falling in love. Mia, who is played by the incredibly talented Emma Stone, is a struggling actress working at a coffee shop and is constantly auditioning for new movie roles that she never seems to get. Mia meets Sebastian, played by Ryan Gosling, whose dream is to own a jazz club, due to his love for jazz music. Mia and Sebastian are both very dedicated and support each other and push each other to follow their dreams. They fight, laugh, and love each other. But, they soon realize that their dream may be getting in the way of their love. The end of La La Land will bring you to tears, both happy and sad.

It has been a while since I’ve seen a movie in theaters that I would go and see again, until La La Land. Everything about this movie is exhilarating. The acting, the plot and the soundtrack. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are some of my favorite actors. Emma Stone's performance in The Help and The Amazing Spiderman show how talented she is. And Ryan Gosling, I mean who doesn't like Ryan Gosling. The reason I think I love La La Land so much is because I like Emma and Ryan as a duo. My all time favorite movie is Crazy Stupid Love, and I think they act amazing in that as well. After watching La La Land, I immediately went home to listen to the soundtrack again. The music has a sound that just automatically puts you in a good mood. Days after watching the movie I still find myself singing some of the songs.

La La Land was much more than just a movie. After watching it, you will feel moved and changed. There are many life lessons to be learned after watching this movie. The overall and most obvious lesson is to follow your dreams. Mia and Seb do not let anything get in the way of their goals. Both actors did a great job expressing how passionate the characters were about acting and jazz. Another lesson you will learn after watching La La Land is to surround yourself with positive people. Your family, friends, significant others, etc. should be a great support system for you. They need to be there for you and pick you up when you're down and push you to keep going. The ending of La La Land will leave you with another life lesson. (SPOILERS) I was heartbroken when Mia and Seb did not end up together at the end of the movie. Although, they look at each other and seem happy. After they see each other for the first time in years, they do not hug or talk to each other, instead they just looked at each other from a far. Through their exchange of looks you can see that they do not regret their love. They are happy for each other, what they have accomplished and they are grateful to have spent part of their life with each other.

After watching La La Land, the more I think about it the more I want to watch it over and over again. The characters are so well developed, and during the movie you have no choice but to feel the same way they did. Every song, even if there were no words, you could feel every emotion the characters were feeling. The upbeat songs will make you feel happy, especially toward the beginning of the movie when Mia and Sebastian are dancing.

La La Land was an incredibly real movie. The ending is very realistic and will make you feel so many different ways. La La Land will definitely be a movie I re-watch very soon.

"I guess I'll see you in the movies."