The "Noah" To My "Allie

The "Noah" To My "Allie

"I know we have to work at this everyday, but I wanna do that because I want you."

472
The "Noah" To My "Allie
Lexy Elias

To my "Noah,"

I know when you first start to read this, you'll be confused. Well, for starters, your actual name isn't Noah and I don't think you have ever seen "The Notebook." We will have to fix that. By the end though, you'll understand what I mean though when I now say you're the Noah to my Allie.

When I was a little girl, I wanted a relationship like the princesses from the movies. After I saw "The Notebook" for the first time, my first thought definitely was not that I want to be them, I still wanted my fairytale relationship but so did everyone else. I wanted no part in a relationship like that. I didn't want to date someone, fight all the time, break up and then get back together years later. Yet that is exactly what I got. Allie and Noah are just like us. They came from two different types of families. They had only one thing in common and that was they were crazy for each other.

One of the most used quotes from "The Notebook" is when Allie is trying to leave Noah's house he built for her. Although "The Notebook" has a lot of good quotes, this one pertains to us right now. It states:

Noah: "Would you just stay with me?"

Allie: "Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fighting!"

Noah: "Well that's what we do. We fight... You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a... And I tell you when you're being a pain in the ...! Which you are... 99 percent of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a two second rebound rate then you're back to the next pain in the ... thing."

Allie: "So what?"

Noah: "So it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're going to have to work at this everyday, but I wanna do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me ... everyday."

These last couple of days for us have been almost exactly like this famous scene from one of my favorite movies. We fight, then we stop for about two seconds then we're back at it. It's been really hard, and we've been working at it everyday because that's what relationships are. You wake up everyday having to work at it. I wouldn't change any of it though.

The thing is as you grow older, your expectations for relationships change. You realize fairytales were only made for Hollywood but Noah and Allie's love was made for real life. It's an actual depiction of what a relationship is.

Thank you for helping me realize that what we have is better than any fairytale. You made me realize that if we want this to last we'll have to work at this everyday, even when we're not fighting. Thank you for being my "Noah."

Sincerely,

Your "Allie"