40 New Year's Resolutions We Never Keep

40 New Year's Resolutions We Never Keep

This year will be different, for sure!
24

The new year marks the perfect time for us to establish positive changes in our lives. While we celebrate, we are all driven to establish how we can improve ourselves in the future, and so, we implement goals for the year ahead. However, how many of these resolutions do we actually keep?

1. “I’ll get a job and focus more on how I spend my money.”

2. “I’ll start working out tomorrow…after I buy a gym membership.”

3. "I won’t spend money on things that aren’t important.”

4. “I won’t text him/her back.

5. “I’ll focus on my grades and study harder this year.”

6. “I won’t procrastinate.”

7. “I’ll get more sleep this year.”

8. “I’ll take on a new hobby.”

9. “I’ll start to go to bed earlier or follow a sleep schedule.”

10. “I’m going to become more organized.”

11. “I’m buying a Fitbit.”

12. “I’ll connect with my camp friends more.”

13. “I promise to stop to stop watching Netflix so much.”

14. "I'll learn something new."

15. “I’ll call Grandma back tomorrow.

16. “I’ll stop eating fast food…does that include Taco Bell?

17. “I’m going to walk to more places and drive less.”

18. “I won’t spend all the money on my meal plan before the semester ends.”

19. “I'll get out of debt.”

20. “I’m not going to binge eat in my dorm room at night.”

21. “I’m going to stop making excuses for things I can’t change.”

22. “I’ll spend less time on social media.”

23. “I’ll get rid of my unworn or old clothing.”

24. "I won't go out as much and take some time for myself."

25. “I’ll think only positive thoughts and reject any negative thinking.”

26. “I’ll drink less… (soda obviously).”

27. “I’ll stop worrying about what people think of me.”

28. “I will stop complaining about the little things.”

29. “I will recycle more.”

30. “I’m going to dedicate more time to my passions.”

31. “I’m going to find more ways to destress.”

32. “I’ll go to every single one of my classes this semester.”

33. “I’m going to conquer one of my fears.”

34. “I won’t do my math homework in my physics class.”

35. “I’ll stop being lazy…until tomorrow.”

36. “I’m going to get rid of my bad habits.”

37. “I’m going to start making more smart decisions.”

38. “I’m going to start using my phone less.

39. “I’m going to eat more fruits and vegetables.”

40. “I’m going to keep my New Year’s Resolution this year.”

When thinking of how to be the best version of yourself in the days ahead, set goals that you are willing to stay dedicated to. Eating healthy does not mean you can't treat yourself once in a while, and getting rid of bad habits doesn't necessarily mean that you can't succumb to them once in a while. What is most important is following your heart, staying dedicated to what you are passionate about, and altering yourself into a person that you will be proud of when you look back years from now.