8 Reasons Why I Love Being Organized

8 Reasons Why I Love Being Organized

Organization is a useful and essential skill to have.
2253

Growing up and going to school, we were all taught, among various subjects, useful skills. Organization was a big one. While many kids struggled with being tidy and organized, for some reason I just got it. Not only did I understand what it meant to be organized, but I liked organizing things and seeing the final product. Fast forward many years, I am now 19 and still love having my things neat and organized. Here are eight reasons why I love being organized.

1. It is very rewarding.

I don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's the process of figuring out how to organize things, or maybe it's that it is pretty time consuming. Nevertheless, seeing that finished product is priceless. When that closet is nice and organized it feels amazing, especially knowing I did it all by myself. It feels good to know that all that hard work paid off, and that makes me very happy (maybe more than it should).

2. I know where to find anything.

Having my stuff organized means that everything has a particular place. When organizing, I usually create a system that makes sense to me so that I know where things are. This means that when I'm looking for something, it can easily be found and I don't have to scramble and go crazy looking for it.

3. It saves a lot of time.

This goes hand in hand with knowing where to find stuff. When everything is neat and organized, and things can be easily found, it saves a ton of time and makes tasks more efficient. I don't have to waste time looking for things, and I don't have to stress about having "lost" something I need. This is very helpful amidst busy schedules and stressful days.

4. It saves space.

When things are organized they tend to use less space because they are neatly put away as opposed to being messy and clumped somewhere. Less used space means that there is room for more stuff. And who doesn't want more stuff?

5. Being organized also means being tidy.

For someone who loves organization as much as I do, tidiness is a perfect bonus. What's nice about it is that it comes naturally with organization, so I don't even have to try to be neat. Again, it's rewarding and looks really good.

6. Organization also means being clean.

It's kind of like a package deal: not only do you get organization, but you get cleanliness and tidiness too. You really can't be organized and messy at the same time, so it works out great.

7. Everything looks better when organized.

This is a combination of everything I've already said. Not only does organizing feel great, but it looks great as well. I love taking a step back and admiring my hard work after spending hours organizing. I don't really know how to explain it otherwise, but it makes me feel all happy and warm inside.

8. It's fun.

OK, so this probably doesn't apply to everyone. Maybe it barely applies to anyone. And maybe this is a sign that I'm a little bit of a neat freak, but that doesn't change the fact that I actually enjoy organizing things. It's kind of therapeutic and fun to go through all my stuff. It feels good to get rid of things I no longer need and replace them with new stuff. Also, there is no better feeling than seeing the finished product.

All jokes aside, I do think that organization is an important skill to learn and is very helpful. It's not necessary to be as passionate (or crazy) about it as I am, but it's worth giving it a try because it makes life a lot easier.