The Music of 2017

The Music of 2017

Lana Del Rey, Clean Bandit, Bruce Springsteen and more!

20
The Music of 2017

With every new year, comes new music - both hits and misses. Sometimes it’s hard to keep track of all the new tunes as they are released, so here’s a complete list of what to look forward to, and even what not to look forward to…

The Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, Halsey

The sophomore album to Badlands, making its debut in June 2017. Halsey is best known for her collaboration with The Chainsmokers in their recent hit, Closer. Fan favorites from Halsey’s previous album, Badlands, were New Americano and Gasoline.

TBA, Clean Bandit

Another band debuting their sophomore album, however not as lucky with the name and month drop. However, it has been rumored that they’ll be dropping a song called Disconnect featuring Marina & the Diamonds. Clean Bandit is best known for Rockaby feat. Anne-Marie, Rather Be, and most recently Symphony feat. Zara Larsson.

Nicki Minaj

Nicki doesn’t actually have an album set to be released, but with all the singles she’s been dropping we can’t help but be hopeful. Her most recent ‘diss track’ (single) that’s been released was No Fraud. Nicki also lays claim to Anaconda and Super Bass, and the less known Grand Piano.

More Life, Drake

I know this has already been released, but it’s just too good not to give praise to. After his release of Views, it was hard to believe he could release anything to top it - but after listening to Passionfruit and Portland you know anything is possible when it comes to Papí himself.

TBA, Kelly Clarkson

The mysterious album dropping in June follows an array of great albums. From her recent Piece by Piece, to her older A Moment Like This, Kelly has proven she can do no wrong.

TBA, Katy Perry

Another mystery album title and release date, but nonetheless one to look forward to. After her big debut of Chained to the Rhythm, you can bet that Katy has some big messages she’s looking to share with her fans.

÷, Ed Sheeran

Another album that’s already been released, but hands down one of the best of 2017, and by far the best by Ed. I mean, with songs like Perfect, Nancy Mulligan, and Castle on a Hill how can you go wrong? This A Team singer has certainly come a long way, wouldn’t you say?

Melodrama, Lorde

With two singles, Green Light and Liability, already dropped we all can expect great things with Lorde’s new album dropping June 16. With songs nothing like what Royals singer has released before, one might just say that we’ve entered a new era of Lorde - and let me tell you, this is not an era we want to leave.

TBA, Bruce Springsteen

Rumor has it that Rosalita singer, Bruce Springsteen, will be releasing a new album sometime this year. It may not be Born in the U.S.A, but it’s guaranteed to keep making hearts swoon.

Lust for Life, Lana Del Rey

Last but not least, the album thats trailer shocked the world, Lust for Life is already breaking barriers. It’s Lana’s first political album, taking a more socially aware stance and connecting it to the “tumultuous period” the world is going through. The Love singer is not only coming to slay, but coming to educate as well. The witchy twilight zone vibes her album’s trailer gives off, means we’re in for some extra special treats. Rumor has it, The Weeknd is featuring in her title track.

So keep your ears ready, you never know what top hits are dropping next.