To The Most Important Man In My Life

To The Most Important Man In My Life

I don't say this enough, I love you and thank you.

12
To The Most Important Man In My Life
Mackenzie Brown

If you have a close-knit family, chances are you consider your grandparents the most important people in your family, because they actually play a huge role in setting the groundwork of your life. After all you wouldn't be here today if those two people wouldn't have fallen in love. Those people made you parent and raised she or he into who they are. They influenced your parent's parenting style. They setup the background information for your life.

Grandparents are the people you can go to for anything. The ones who won't get near as mad at you for doing something stupid. They are some of your biggest supporters and tend to make you feel like a rock star in every endeavor. They are relationship goals, they show you true love. They are the best people in your world.

I can't imagine a life without my grandparents. Although my Grandma has passed, I know that she is always with me. My Grandpa is still here and things have been different since my Grandma passed, but he will always be my number one man.

I know making time for your grandparents during college isn't always easy so here are a few things I want my Grandpa to know.

Thank you.

Seriously, thank you! Without you I would not be where I am today. Thank you for falling in love with Grandma and making my awesome family. Thank you for being, not only an amazing grandfather, but a father figure as well. I can't imagine how my life would have played out if you wouldn't have helped mom. I probably wouldn't have grown up in such a nice house with nice things-- no shade on my mom she is so amazing, but she is a single parent to twins.

Thank you for making sure I knew my extended family, even if we live 1,000 miles apart. Going to Iowa every summer is something that I will always remember and cherish. Those trips allowed us to grow even closer as a family and gave me a love for road tripping.

You taught me to have a good work ethic and to try to be the best at what I do. Seeing how hard you worked throughout my whole life made me realize that you won't get anywhere in life if you don't work hard. I am so very thankful that you made sure that we knew the value of hard work so we didn't grow up so entitled.

I cant even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the fact that you paid for two years of my college education and the countless other things you've taken care of. Thank you for fixing my car after I wrecked it and for helping us get started as adults. You have not only offered financial support, but emotional and situational support.

I have never told you this, but I love calling you after I've made a good grade or achieved some other accomplishment. It makes me really happy to hear how proud you are of me. When mom told you me you wanted copies of my first odyssey article my heart overflowed with happiness. Your opinion means more to me than you'll ever know.

There is so much more I could say, but I don't want this to get any more sappy so just know that you are my main man and you always will be.

Grandpa, I love you so much and I always will no matter what.