How To Talk To A Woman Wearing Headphones

Guys, If I Have My Headphones In... Leave. Me. Alone.

And please don't take Dan Bacon's advice.

21

If you recall seeing an article titled, "How to Talk to a Woman Who is Wearing Headphones," you probably know where this is going. The article, written by so-called "dating and relationship expert" Dan Bacon gives single men awful advice on how to talk to a woman who is wearing headphones.

His advice sounds more like the prick in the friend group who tries to put women down in order to "seduce" them. Here's what he says in the article:

Man: [Smile and say in a friendly, easy-going manner manner] Hey – how you doing? I was walking along and saw you with your little headphones on and thought – wow, she's hot, I have to come over and say hi you. I'm Dan, what's your name?
Woman: Jessica.
Man: [Add in some light humor to get her smiling and create a spark between you] Jessica…let me guess. You were listening to heavy metal music, right?
Woman: [Most likely laughing and saying] No, I was listening to [most likely latest pop music] 🙂
Man: Oh, that's cool. You had me worried there. I thought you were like a heavy metal girl who likes head banging at concerts.
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

Umm... #cringe! Do men really believe this is sound and solid advice? His suggested conversation continues further, but I just CANNOT.

How many times have women been approached by men and had to give them the cold shoulder or less polite body language to give them the hint? Or, even when a man is wearing headphones and someone is trying to get their attention, it's the same idea! No one wants to be bothered, hence the headphones.

Here's my advice on how to talk to a woman — or anyone for that matter — who is wearing headphones: DON'T.

Unfortunately, Bacon's poor advice doesn't stop there. Bacon and his team have thousands of articles on dating and relationships and how to talk to women. Sure, women have Cosmopolitan magazine and other numerous relationship columns, but they don't sound as dumb nor sinister as The ModernMan blog.

It seems Bacon's advice either involves belittling women or making men seem far superior to their female counterparts.

Just read his "A Secret Insecurity That Most Women Have" article and you'll read his opinions on why different women might be insecure:

Another girl might be insecure about her blonde hair.
She might think that people look at her as a bit of a blonde bimbo.
She might then try to act like she's really sophisticated and intelligent and has got her stuff together, when she really doesn't want to have to act like that.
She just wants to be able to relax and be easy-going, but she ends acting like she's this sophisticated, modern woman who has got it all together.
So, a mistake that a lot of guys make is that they see a woman that they find attractive and then they assume that she must think she is perfect.
She must think she is so attractive and she must be hard to get because he is feeling so much attraction for her.
She must get so much attention from men.

To think single men might actually take this douche's advice is crazy and off-putting. It's different when men talk to one another and ask for relationship advice because friends and family don't want to steer each other in the wrong direction. But actually listening to what this guy has to say? Ridiculous.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.