To The Middle School Me Who Thought He'd Never Be Anything

To the Ethan who thought he would never go anywhere, do anything or enjoy life.

220
Ethan Titus

To the middle school me who thought he would never be anything,

I’m proud of you for sticking it out. I’m proud of the person you are today. I’m proud of where you’re at in your life. I’m proud of the friend you’ve become and the friends you’ve made along the way.

To the middle school me who was friends with the people you don’t even follow on social media anymore; congratulations for realizing who your true friends are and for not being friends with the people who threw pizza at you with ranch on it in the middle school cafeteria during lunch.

To the middle school me who thought he would be single forever, you’ve done it twice. You sure as hell can do it again. I’m sure you know being in a relationship is perfect, until it isn’t.

To the middle school me who had no idea what he wanted to do with his life, you finally decided you wanted to be a writer.

You're damn good at it, too.

To the middle school me who didn’t have any idea who or what he was, you finally found yourself, and you are happier then you’ve ever been.

To the middle school me who had a messed up childhood, your grandparents are angels sent from God himself.

To the middle school me who was a second-degree black belt. Well, you’re still technically a second-degree black belt, but you’re not training. You better get back into it like you want.

To the middle school me, thank you for getting me through some of the hardest years of my life. Thank you for letting me be OK with no longer speaking to my mom, thank you for allowing me to talk to my dad again.

Thank you for letting me be so open and honest online for everyone, and their mom, to read, see and hear.

To all the "middle school yous" out there, probably sitting down on the floor of their bedroom, crying, after a long, exhausting middle school day:

YOU are worth it.

YOU are kind.

YOU are beautiful and YOU are meant to be here.

Did someone say that you can’t? Bull. Prove them wrong. You have the power to be the true you that you want to be.