The Mystery Of Stephen Paddock, The Las Vegas Shooter

How Stephen Paddock became the deadliest man in U.S. modern history in one night.
160

The worst mass shooting in the history of the United States occurred at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday, October 1st, 10:05 P.M. (PST). The shooter, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, unleashed hundreds of bullets from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino into a crowd of around 22,000 people, killing 58 people and injuring close to 500 others according to sources from CNN .

What seems to be the big trend of this massacre was Paddock's motive of doing it, which is still yet to be determined. What is scary is that before committing the massacre, Paddock had absolutely no criminal record. Most of Paddock's family, including his brother Eric and girlfriend Marilou Danley, were completely befuddled by the shooting. The last time Eric Paddock spoke to him was a phone call checking “if our mother was doing okay.”

Eric Paddock, according to CNN, has residency in Florida, where Hurricane Irma had made landfall weeks earlier. Danley stated that she was “sent away” to her home in the Philippines and was wired $100,000 to buy a new home there with her family. His neighbors, surrounding his over $369,000 home in Mesquite, Nevada, found his privacy to be quite peculiar, as Paddock would “not wave back” and would often stay inside.

Another current argument is whether the attack was a form of terrorism or if it was due to psychopathy. Without a clear motive, we can never really tell. Terrorism, as defined, is a form of violence that has a purpose, a goal, whether it is political, religious, or discriminatory. Paddock had no known criminal record of any kind and was not affiliated with any religious group (as ISIS idiotically claimed recently).

Whatever information that would lead us to the motive, Paddock took to the grave with him. All we are left with are questions, fear, and a nation in total shock. However, the question still remains: was he crazy? Or was there a specific reason for this horrific massacre? Only time will tell.