The Key To A Happy Life

The Key To A Happy Life

Happiness is a direction, not a place!
43

"How are you so positive all the time?"

The question I constantly get asked.

We all know that person in our lives that is always happy no matter what…. Literally no matter what. They could break their phone, wreck their car, loose their bf, and break their leg all within 20 minutes and they would still be super happy. Don’t you ever wonder how these people do it? Well, this article is a little insight to how you can begin to live that way too.

I am that person of my friend group. I am that person that could have a completely disastrous day, but I've still got a smile on my face and I’m still cracking jokes. I haven’t always lived this way, I had to train my brain. It’s a challenge and it doesn’t come easy but does anything in life?

One of the first things you have to begin looking for is the positives in EVERY situation.

I mean EVERY situation, even the worst ones have something good! (at least you are still alive…? ) Anything that comes your way, think about how it’s good. If you have a major assignment due tomorrow that you have not started, at least you’ll get it done tonight and turned in so you don’t have to worry about it any more! This step isn’t always easy, but so worth it! This step takes some time. You have to make sure to fight the urge to find the bad in situations, pull out the good! Keep yourself accountable and overtime you’re brain will start to automatically find the good in the situations.

Learn to let go! Sometimes in life, we hold grudges against things that have happened to us in the past. This is human nature, but you need to learn to let go of things. Think to yourself: Is this going to matter an hour ago? A day from now? A month from now? A year from now? If it won't matter sometime from now, don't let it bug you!

We all stress… constantly! Something we need to think about is, not stressing over the things we can’t control. We can’t control everything in our lives. We can’t control the line at Chick-Fil-A, so why stress over it? Just take a deep breath and enjoy life. Enjoy the song on the radio, or the company in your car. Enjoy the fact you get some free time to think. The meeting you're running late to will still happen even if you are 5 minutes late. If you just take a deep breath and not stress of the things you can’t control you will led a happier life. Don’t let the things we can’t control, ruin our mood or day! Just smile at the situation, and find the good in the situation! When you begin to get stressed think: “Can i control this?” If the answer is no, take a deep breath and relax. If the answer is yes, think to yourself what you can do to make the situation better for yourself, and then do it!!

“That's stupid, why would I do that?” We all have this friend…. Right? We all have one friend that says negative things and never looks for the good in situations. Don't let these people affect you, don't let what they say drag you down. Keep your head up. Don't argue with them either. Try to help them find the bright side of every situation! Help these people see the bright side in situations. If they don’t want to see the bright side, crack a joke for them! Don’t let other people bring you down.

“You’re so immature” Going back to not letting people bring you down, dont let what they say affect you! If wearing your hair in braids makes you happy, DO IT! You won't truly be happy in life until you do what you want to do ! I live my life doing what I want to do and that makes me happy all the time. Don’t worry about impressing anyone, if they like you they’ll accept who for who you are. Being who you truly are is a key to making yourself happy! What fun would it be to try to always have to lead a fake life… that won’t make you happy. If you want a different life, change! You are in control of your life, and if changing yourself makes you happier do it! No one else has to live your life except yourself, so do it however you want!

Show your teeth! They’re beautiful! SMILE!! Smiling is contagious! Even when your life is a complete mess, smile! It is a proven fact that smiling even when you aren’t actually happy releases endorphins in our body that makes us think we're happy. Smile when you're so mad, you wanna cry! It might feel super stupid but for some weird reason it helps! When I tend to get aggravated, mad or stress I just smile or crack a joke! This helps me be happy and go lucky all the time! Smiling all the time is key to a happier life.

One of the biggest things you need to do is Soak up the good moments! Live in the moment! Don’t think about tomorrow or all the work you need to do. Create the fun in the moment and hold on to these memories. These moments will be the ones you can think about to make you laugh when you wanna cry. Living in the moment is one of the biggest pieces of equipment that I can give you. Live on the edge! Do that crazy dance to make people laugh! No one is going to remember the person who sat in the chair, they’re going to remember the one who made them laugh! Be the life of the party. Allow yourself to be happy, and live life on the edge! Nothing is more important than letting yourself be happy! If you let yourself be happy, you will live a happier life. Be the person you want to be!

In the end, you are the only one that has to live your life. Make it worthwhile and help other people live a happier life. Let yourself be happy! Smile!

“Dont let the silly little things steal your happiness.”