The Power Of Christian Spoken Word

The Power Of Christian Spoken Word

Spoken word has the potential to positively effect change.

2212
The Power Of Christian Spoken Word
MasterMIND Productions / Youtube

What is "spoken word"?

Urban dictionary describes it as:

"Poetry intended for onstage performance, rather than exclusively designed for the page. While often associated with hip-hop culture, it also has strong ties to storytelling, modern poetry, post-modern performance, and monologue theater, as well as jazz, blues and folk music.

"Due to its immediacy and direct rapport with its audience, this type of poetry often contains references to current events and issues relevant to a contemporary audience.

"At its best, spoken word is a powerful, high-energy form of expression that attracts artists and audiences of all ages from a wide range of disciplines and socio-cultural backgrounds." Spoken Word

Janette...IKZ, Ezekiel Azonwu, and Chris Webb are three of many talented Christian spoken word artists who combine scripture and poetry to encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Attached you will find my favorite pieces performed by each artist. In addition, I included a morning devotional from Ezekiel Azonwu who provides words of inspiration and an answer or response which combats and extinguishes fear, doubt, and confusion during a time of unrest. My purpose is not to entertain, but to provide a tool filled with enlightenment and truth.

All have social media pages. I encourage you to review the countless poems each artist shares along with some insights or sneak peaks into their lives. Or, maybe catch a live event. They also tour nationwide sharing the message of salvation by bringing written words to life.

Ladies first, listen as Janette...IKZ describes her decision to turn away from the desire to accept a worldly male as her husband. Instead, she declares her new and renewed mindset and the importance of waiting for the husband God has destined for her future.

<span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker"></span>

Ezekiel Azonwu, below, shares the importance of turning away from the world. Scripture teaches we cannot serve two masters. This powerful message requires one to review and self-reflect by becoming accountable for our actions, decisions, and choices.

Chris Webb brilliantly explains why it is not ok to straddle the fence. The decision to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ is intentional and the reward is Eternal life. Listen as he describes the result of allowing free will to cause an end that leads to fire.

Final thoughts, listen to Ezekial Azonwu.

Conclusion surmised in a morning devotional posted earlier this year. Scripture below is a Pslams written by David.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." Psalms 23 KJV