The Importance Of Having A Solid Support System

Without my support system, I wouldn't be where I am today.

1319
http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/08/30/6360812277855836911480385241_6359221281530934392087160997_friendship-background-images-jumping.jpg

If I've learned anything throughout the past few months, it's that it is so important to have a solid support system. In fact, I've learned that if there is someone in my life that isn't supportive, they shouldn't be in my life at all. Without a consistent support system, I would not be where I am today... I would be much worse!

It is important to have support in your life, especially during hard times, for many reasons. One reason being that facing challenges isn't so difficult. During hard times that bring on difficult decision making, your support system should be there to give you insight. It is important to have an outside opinion of what you should or shouldn't do. Friends and family who are part of your support system should make these difficult decisions more manageable.

A support system gives you an opportunity to voice your struggles. Something I have learned during difficult times is that keeping things inside is not healthy. Letting things bottle up inside of your mind can lead to unhealthy habits. Talking with others about your struggles is a chance for you to step away from isolation. Isolation can lead to mental health problems like depression.

And finally, to my support system:

You have all played such an important part in this journey called Recovery. You have each helped this journey be a bit easier. I cannot thank you all enough for being such great support and my biggest cheerleaders. A special shout out to everyone I live with and my friends Michael, Brittany, Emmie, Alex, Denise, Caitlin, Brettany and Will. Your support is appreciated way more than you will ever know!

From Your Site Articles