The Importance Of Having A Bucket List

The Importance Of Having A Bucket List

Stop, Drop, And Live.

2247
The Importance Of Having A Bucket List

It's no secret that life can be extremely rough sometimes. The stress life can bring is quite overwhelming, and sometimes it can lead to needing a breakdown in order to regain a sense of normalcy. And that is perfectly fine. However, with the breakdowns, it can also lead to a crushed spirit. I don't mean just being sad, or even being severely stressed out. I am talking about something way worse. I am talking about being content. (Not the "I am so relaxed" content, the "Well, this is my life" content.) The acceptance of staying at a neutral line your entire life is extremely tragic. Life is stressful, but it is also blissful. There is a huge, wonderful world out there just waiting for you to embrace it. Easier said than done? Sure, but the importance of goals and adventure still hold true. One way of narrowing these down is having a bucket list.

In the slightest case you don't know what a bucket list is, let me explain it really quick. A bucket list is a list that you write to hold goals and dreams you have for your life. It doesn't matter what order these are fulfilled in, or even what is on it. That being said, world domination probably isn't one to write down, but you get the picture. Fun fact about bucket lists, the term comes from the phrase "kicked the bucket". Bucket lists are primarily the written form of #lifegoals. To narrow all of this down, it is a list of things you want to do before you kick your bucket.

Having a bucket list is important because it will help keep your spirit of adventure going. Just having the list itself is great because through it, you are keeping your goals and dreams alive. Writing them down or making them vocal makes them more real and it will build your confidence and drive to fulfill them. From the beginning of this article until now, the quote "Adventure is out there!" from the movie Up has been replaying throughout my head. The main character from the movie, Carl, didn't have a bucket list, but he did have an adventure jar, and let me tell you, that counts. Let Carl be your inspiration for your adventurous nature. Embrace your inner Carl.

A major issue with the world we live in is that when we grow up, it is expected to leave your childhood fantasies behind. Having dreams and goals of your own are expected to be thrown under the rug until another opportune time. Unfortunately, that time can sometimes be resorted to retirement because people become distracted. They get dragged into the routine because all they want to do is make life work. They want to do their best, and if it's not broken, don't fix it, right? Wrong. For the sake of your childhood spirit, don't let yourself get stuck in a routine. This can be through simple things, like writing down a goal every morning that you want to accomplish. Some examples can be "Make someone laugh until they cry", or "Go to work a different way than before". It isn't a dream vacation or a drastic road trip, but just changing things up a bit everyday can go a long way. If the concept of having a major bucket list is too much, go with the little things. Then I dare you to expand that horizon. Expanding that horizon can lead to ultimate adventures, whether that be a random vacation, reading the longest book you've ever read, taking a chance on someone that makes you nervous, or even skydiving. The world is your playground. Have fun.

It doesn't matter the extent of your goals and dreams. It doesn't matter how big or small you think they are, because it doesn't matter. They are YOUR dreams. They are YOUR goals, nobody else's. In the end, the goal is to make the most of the life you are living. Make sure your bucket is full of your accomplished dreams, goals, and hopes before you kick it.

I know I will. Happy Living!