The Importance Of Family

The Importance Of Family

We're all we've got.

15
The Importance Of Family
Kelsey Hall

There are many things in this life that we take for granted, and I believe that family is one of them. We may not realize everything our family does for us, and just how important our family really is. I have a very small family, and I love it that way. We have always been very close throughout the good, bad and the ugly. But the hardest part of having a tight-knit family is that when there is an argument it doesn't just affect that person, it weighs heavily in all of our hearts. Fighting with family is one of the hardest things. No one pleasures in butting heads, it makes family functions awkward and uncomfortable. Once you are involved in an argument with a family member, at the time, you think that it won't bother you, that you can make it without them because they have done this to you for the last time. That's wishful thinking. There have been many times where I have had my fill of anger, sadness and heartbreak that I will just move away and not have to worry about getting hurt, but that never lasts long. When you are without your family, there is a hole in your heart that can't be filled with anything other than the love that only your family can provide for you. I can say with all my heart that I would be nowhere without my family, all of them.

Jennie,

I am so blessed to have you. When I look at how much our relationship has grown over the years, I can't help but smile. I know that we are so many years apart, and we haven't always been super close because of that, but I am so glad that we are coming closer. You have given this family such a precious gift that no one else could have to give us. You have the most amazing boys and we all love them so much, and I hope you know that we would do anything and everything for them. I am comforted by the fact that I can always come to you with any issue, story, or just talk and I know that you will be there for me without judgment. You are the best biggest sister a little sister could ask for. I love you.

Matt,

Even though you aren't my brother by blood, you might as well be. You have been there for me for most of my life and have been there for me through so much. I am so lucky that I have had a big brother like you to teach me all the important life lessons. You taught me how to tie my shoes and you were the first person willing to ride in a car with me while learning to drive. We have had so many fun memories together, getting in lots of trouble, but I say that it was worth it. I know that I can always count on you for a good time and to liven up the party. I love you, big brother

Corey,

What can I say about you? You know how I feel about you, how amazing you are, how thankful I am for you and everything that you have done for me. We have always been close and I am positive that we are soulmates. I know that we have had a tense relationship at times, but that's only because we are essentially the same person -- of course we're going to bump heads at times. You have taught me so much and I am forever thankful for you and our relationship. You are not only my big sister, but my best friend. I love you

Momma,

You have a heart of gold and I am so thankful for that. I have been so horrible to you in the past, I don't deserve everything that you have given to me, and continue to give me every day. Without you, our house would not be a home. You are the glue that holds us all together. You have such a sweet, forgiving soul, but you are also one of the strongest women I have ever known. You have been through your fair share of pain, more that I will ever understand, but you have come out of it on top and stronger than ever. There are so many times that you remind me so much of Mom that it still feels like she is here with us, and I know that she is so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. I hope that if I ever have children, I can be half the mother that you are. I love you.

Daddy,

There are honestly no words that I can say that describe what you mean to me. You are so brave, strong, loving and safe. Honestly, we are all so lucky to have a man like you in our corner. We know that you would do anything for us -- whether we deserve it or not, you are always there. You have experienced more pain, heartache, fear and sadness than anyone should have to, but it's made you into the most amazing father that anyone could ask for. You have overcome so much throughout your life, and I want you to know, that even though that journey isn't over, your family will be there for you to support you in whatever you need. You have spent your entire life being there for us, so let us be there for you. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me. Just know that I am forever grateful and would be nowhere without you.

Also, I think you are still the coolest dad to ever walk into Harrison Lane.

I know that everyone says that they have the best family, but I really think that I've hit the jackpot with these folks. I wouldn't have anything if it weren't for these people and there aren't enough words in the English language to describe how important you all are to me. If I have learned anything in these last few months, it's that we are all we have, and without each other, we don't have anything.