The Importance Of Exercise In Your Busy Life

Because it's easy to consider skipping the gym when you're tired.

8
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-black-and-gray-sport-bra-869243/

This summer I have been working a lot. I nanny for two families and it involves a lot of driving, patience, responsibility, and cooperation. I love the kids I spend time with and they make my job easy but of course it is a job nonetheless. One family I work 7:45am-4:30pm so I am exhausted by the time I come home. On my drive home I usually fantasize about jumping into my bed and watching my Netflix show of the moment (Madam Secretary) and simply just doing nothing. Sometimes the last thing I want to do is go to the spin class I signed up for at 6:00pm. I want to hang out with my boyfriend, go see a movie with my friends, or like I said, do nothing.

But when I push myself to stick to my commitment and go work out I am always happy with myself. My depleted energy is suddenly rejuvenated and my sore muscles the next day drive me to keep trying. Honestly I have come to look forward to my work outs during the day because I know that they will relieve my stress from work and life and help me unwind for the night.

I have yet to try the 6:00am classes my gym offers because I don't know if I'm there yet but I have found a great rhythm so far with the evening classes. I have tried Barre, Body Pump, Spinning, personal training, and more. Mixing it up and trying new things has also made it easier because I never feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

It is so important to exercise and practice natural stress relief even when we feel like laying on the couch all night. Obviously listen to your body and if that's what you really need then go for it. I love a good movie night on the couch with lots of snacks and no intention of moving except to get more popcorn. But if you are feeling stressed, anxious, even upset from a tough day of work or a fight with a friend, push yourself to go for a run. More often than not, you will be glad you did and it will drive you to keep staying active. Even during life's busiest moments when it is the easiest to slip away from a healthy lifestyle, it is important that we remind ourselves of the benefits of maintaining a lifestyle full of movement.