The Importance Of Dogs

The Importance Of Dogs

They might only be here for a part of our lives, but for them, we are their whole life.

1990
The Importance Of Dogs
http://andd-shewillbeloved.tumblr.com

There’s no question about it -- dogs are awesome. They’re seemingly everywhere you go and are arguably the most approachable and friendly beings on this planet. All of us dog owners know the feeling of thinking of our dogs as our own babies.

We spoil them, love them, and would rather sit on the couch for an extra hour than move them off us while they’re sleeping. Dogs are such a positive addition to our world. Multiple "dog filters" on Snapchat have even been made. It’s hard not to love dogs. Who doesn’t love dogs?

I have been a huge dog person ever since I can remember. When I was growing up, my family always had a dog. Somewhere along the way dogs became one of my absolute favorite things. I believe that more times than not dogs even act as better friends than humans do.

Look at it this way: They completely abstain from judgment (mainly because they have no idea what’s going on with you, yes, but still), they sit and listen to everything you have to say without interrupting, and most importantly, no matter what, they’ll unconditionally love you through it all.

Dogs are the most selfless and caring beings out there. They possess more positive qualities than most people I know. When I’m down, my dog has been the one that consistently makes me feel better. She’s there no matter what, no questions asked. Even just sitting with my dog makes me feel better.

It’s amazing how comforted we are by things we may sometimes overlook. We’re so accustomed to our dog’s presence in our lives that we may not always realize their immense value. When so many others may walk out of your life, you can know that your dog is one that will never abandon you.

Their commitment to you is unmatched. They spend their whole lives cherishing you. You are their everything.

I don’t know where I would be without my dog. She is such a blessing in my life and has taught me so many things. I believe we humans could learn so much from these special animals. If we adopted some of the traits that dogs possess and if we were able to just look at the world through their eyes, even just for a moment, then I think this world would be a better place.

Continue to love and respect dogs. Understand their importance in our world and confide in them when it’s needed. They really are the best listeners. And, if you pay close enough attention, you can learn many substantial virtues from them.

My dog is my best friend. I would honestly and completely be lost without her. I’m beyond thankful for her place in my life, and for the wisdom I have obtained from her. Often I hope I can be as loving as she is.

I will always cherish the relationship I have with my dog. I will always be grateful for all of the smiles that she has unknowingly allowed me to have. I don’t know what the human race did to deserve these wonderful animals, but I will be forever thankful for them.

It’s important to remember that while dogs are only here for a part of our lives, for them, we are their whole life. Give them your heart and they will give you theirs.