The Historic US Presidential Election 2016

Go vote!!
0

Today is a day that will be marked down in all the history books to come. It is an election that has caused much uproar, nonsense, and political views being thrown at you left and right. As time progresses, I personally feel that the election for President becomes less official and more of a media play. Every four years this opportunity comes around, and for some reason, this one just has a different spin on it. So much drama and hatred has come of it. This election certainly has been like no other with its varying aspects.

I am not one who is a raging political follower or one who discusses my views and beliefs often. That does not mean that I don't have them and have a huge hope for the way this election will turn out. However, I think the most important thing to consider today is that this election is like no other due to many aspects, one of those being the majority of the population voting being millennials. For many of us, it is our first time getting to vote in a Presidential election; that's huge. Everyone always says that it is our civic duty to vote, and most people try to brush it off and forget its importance. But really, it is our civic duty. We as citizens have a factor in the outcome of America, we are lucky to have a voiced opinion in who will rule and how our country will be, act, and do. This right to vote is not something that people should take slightly, it holds such a great importance that cannot be over looked.

I am not telling you who to vote for, or who not to. I am simply telling you that you should take advantage of the opportunity this country has given you and have your say in how you want your future and your country's future to be. This election has had the entire world watching, more so than previous ones. Your one vote is a major part of the outcome. Please don't overlook the fact that your vote does give you a say, and quite a big one at that. You should be proud to be a part of the election and proud to be able to express your views. Don't let the opportunity slip away and later regret that you had the chance to be a part of something that hugely affects you, your family, friends, and the country as a whole.

As an American citizen, please take the time to go vote today and do your part. There are so many sources out there that can educate you on candidates political views, where to vote, how to vote, and much more. This election has a great impact on our future and each and every vote counts. Also, if you aren't registered yet, don't panic just yet. If you are voting in the following states, you can register right at the polls: Colorado,Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Washington D.C., Wisconsin, Wyoming.

At least take this into consideration as you go about your day. You can have an impact on the future, not a right that everyone gets. Don't merely overlook that. You are an American citizen. Be proud of that and do your part for this country.

For more helpful information on all things to do with voting, visit: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/presidential-election-2016-where-when-and-how-to-vote-on-nov-8/