If I learned anything my freshman year of college, it's this:
1. You will not always be liked
The quote, "You could be the ripest, most juiciest peach in the world, but there will always be someone who hates peaches" says it all.
2. You will gain weight if you eat ice cream every day
3. You will be disappointed, let down, and hurt
And sometimes, by your closest family and friends.
4. There will be times when walking away is the best option
If you know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry.
And if you have yet to make this decision, I'm sorry.
5. Choices have consequences—good and bad
Be careful with what you choose to do. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun, as long as you're safe and smart about what you're doing.
6. Nothing worth having is easy
My mom once told me this and it's stuck ever since.
"Live the life you love, love the life you live."
7. It's OK to not be OK
And there's nothing wrong with reaching out for help.
8. Exercising does reduce stress
I hate to admit it, but it really does.
9. You need to accept what you can't change
I'm still working on this.
10. There will be days when nothing feels right
But these days are usually outnumbered by the days when everything feels right.
11. There will be more times than not that you want to quit
But you shouldn't.
12. Goodbyes hurt worse each time they are said
Whether it's saying goodbye to your best friend for the summer, or your parents after a long and beautiful weekend, goodbyes suck.
13. There's nothing wrong with letting go of toxic people
But sometimes, it is truly one of the most difficult parts of life.
14. You will question yourself over and over
Other people may also question you, over and over and over again. It's your job and your responsibility to show them who you are and what you're capable of.
15. Apologies don't mean a thing if the person who has hurt you continues to do the same action
No matter how sorry they may seem.
16. You can't control anything but your own thoughts and actions
You can't control that Mondays suck. You can't control that your car has a flat tire on the side of the interstate. You can't control that your professor has an accent you can hardly understand.
But you CAN control how you live and think regardless.
17. Hard work doesn't guarantee anything
There are individuals out there who have spent the last decade in school, yet haven't found a job that fits their interest or degree. Hard work doesn't guarantee success; however, doing nothing also doesn't guarantee success.
If it's success you're after, then fight with all your might. Beat the odds.
18. Nothing lasts forever
Every day, a change occurs. The weather, your attitude, your job. Friends change, people change. There's not anything anyone can do to change this.
19. Life isn't easy
But that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful.