Baseball Season Is The Greatest Season Of All

The Greatest Season Of Them All: Baseball Season

Baseball games are a summer memories for all families and baseball fans.

216
https://pixabay.com/en/baseball-field-stadium-baseball-1149153/

Step inside the mind of every kid growing up: "Bottom of the 9th bases loaded and there are two outs, here we are in a tie ballgame in game 7 of the World Series as (insert your own name) steps to the plate."

This is a moment I dreamt about every single time I was alone in my backyard hitting a tennis ball around because my parents were afraid I would break a window. As a former baseball player, I remember waking up extra early on game-days and being excited about playing the game I love for a few hours. Now, as I sit back and remain the arm-chair quarterback watching countless games and complaining about bad calls I remember why I fell in love with the game. To me, there is nothing better than hearing the sound of a ball crack off a bat with a thundering roar or the smell of hot dogs and hamburgers being grilled to a charred perfection. Baseball has the greatest atmosphere in all of the sports for so many reasons and those are just two of them.

Baseball season for most players in the country runs from April to the end of July, and for those four months, there are lifelong memories made and stories that will change from year to year for the rest of their lives. I remember being in high school and playing travel baseball all summer long and the friends that I made are still ones that I have today.

Baseball season brings friends and family closer together, it may not be the love for the game but just the fact that it is summer and there is no more snow on the ground. There are pool parties, weekend tournaments and just relaxing in the sun. Now, for us retired players and fans of the sport going to a professional game does just the same, if not more for us.

My favorite team is the New York Yankees and when their triple-A team came to Indianapolis I was geeked out. For sports watchers of all ages and all types from die-hard to simply cheering for the winner we all have our team and our players and on the day the Yankees came to town, a player I was a big fan of was Aaron Judge. Seeing my 6-foot-7 hero sign my baseball was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life.

Memories are made in the summer as there is no school and nothing but freedom. I truly do miss playing baseball and I cannot wait for the day that I make my journey back to the fields as a coach or a father to relive and take on new moments with my team. Baseball has given me everything I have in my life and yes that includes my aging knees bad arm and a bad back. But there is nothing that will ever take away my love for the sport he was mine and millions of others babysitter on the weekends and something that we all strived to be the best at. Summer will always be the time off of school and viewed as a relaxing time but it has the greatest time of them all baseball.