To The Girl Who Thought She Had Her Love Life Figured Out

It's okay to not have it all figured out.
124

Love and life are both hard to understand. I always thought that by my senior year of college I would have it all figured out.

I thought I would have found the perfect guy and know exactly where I was going to be once graduation rolled around. I thought I would have unintentionally gotten my MRS degree while simultaneously getting my college degree and life would just work itself out and I would be completely ready for graduation. I was wrong, and that's okay. Sometimes life doesn't go as planned.

Actually, life almost never goes as planned. I'm here to say, to the girls who also thought they had it figured out that it's okay.

it's okay that you don't have everything figured out. You have time to get your own life under control before you need to even begin thinking about adding another human being to it. Graduating and earning your college degree is far more important than worrying about anything else. That is something you are doing for yourself and to better your future.

It's okay that those college boyfriends didn't work out. They were in your life to teach you lessons and there is no need to rush into your next relationship. Let your senior year be the year of you. Find yourself this year and don't worry about other people. Senior year of college is the year to focus on school, yourself and enjoying the last moments before adulthood overwhelms you for the rest of your life.

It's okay to stop looking for that significant other. They will come into your life when they are supposed to, but for now, worry about yourself. there is a reason why those previous boyfriends weren't your prince charming. Whether they aren't mature enough for a serious relationship or simply just weren't the right one; don't stress about it.

Moral of the story is, it's okay to not have it all figured out. Enjoy your early 20's; a time when you're supposed to be focusing on yourself. Enjoy being single and meeting new people. Most of all, enjoy your own time and be a free-spirit while you can. Stop stressing out about finding that perfect guy or knowing where you're going to be in five years.

It's going to work out just the way it's supposed to. So, to the girl who's stressing out about her future, relax and enjoy the uncertainty.