To The Girl That's "Too Sensitive"

To The Girl That's "Too Sensitive"

Embrace your sensitivity and love it, because it is a part of who you are.

119
To The Girl That's "Too Sensitive"

So, you're "too sensitive", right? At least that's what you've been told by other people your whole life. You've heard it so many times that you start to wonder if it's a bad thing. Is there something wrong with you? Is it bad to be too sensitive?

Other people might make you think it is a bad thing, but it's not. I am very guilty of being overly sensitive, and until recently I always thought it was a bad thing. Let me fill you in on a little secret I just learned, it's not even close to being a bad thing. Being too sensitive just means that you feel things deeper, understand things better, and love unconditionally.

Being sensitive doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you. It just means that you're human. Other people might not understand the fact that you feel things deeper than they do, and that's why they call you out on it. To you, it feels like teasing, name-calling, or being made fun of. To them, it's just a lack of understanding. Things effect you differently because you feel them so much deeper than others. This doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. To you, it means there's something wrong with the people that tear you down for feeling, but try not to let it get to you too much. They don't always mean it in the way that you take it. They are just saying what they notice.

Being sensitive isn't a bad thing. This just means that you understand situations better than others. When people come to you with problems and need to talk it out, they feel comfortable coming to you because they know you will understand and won't get mad at them when they are upset about something that seems small. Even small things can have a huge impact, and you understand that. Being sensitive allows you to love deeper and unconditionally. You may get upset over trivial things, but you are more than willing to talk about it and explain why you got upset.

You may feel that being sensitive is your biggest weakness, but there is nothing weak about feeling emotions. Being sensitive may be a flaw at times, but there are so many times that it is a strength. Don't let others make you feel ignored or diminished for being openly sensitive. Embrace your sensitivity and love it, because it is a part of who you are.