The Future Is NOT 'Female,' The Future Is Equal

The ideas surrounding the word feminism have been skewed to depict something contradictory to what it actually is.

1387
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/01/636451616167833689-672847771_63644396937434220864519293_nature-2569475_1920%20copy.jpg

It is so easy to twist someone's words to say something completely contradictory to what they actually said, and unfortunately, that is what is being continually done to the word "Feminism." Not only is the word being twisted, but so are the meaning and ideas surrounding it as well. If you were to ask someone who does not consider themselves a feminist what they think feminism is, they would probably respond with something along the lines of "Man-Haters," or "Sexist." And those words would be the total opposite of what the truest form of feminism is — wanting equality between the sexes.

Feminism is wanting equal pay, equal rights, for women to stop being seen as solely sexual objects, and several other things. If you get caught up in the numbers and say that men and women are not equal because a woman cannot physically lift what a man can, you are missing the BIG picture - men and women are equal not because they are physically the same, but because they are both humans. There is no logical reason why a man should make more money than a woman, unless it is for the sole fact that he is truly more qualified for the job. There is no reason why women should have to walk down the sidewalk and be catcalled because a man thought that she would enjoy the "compliment." There is certainly no reason why a women's rape case should be overlooked because the man belongs to an affluent and influential family.

Men and women are two different sexes, both face challenges of their own. However, it is time that women are seen equal with men. There should be no physical or biological justification as to why men and women are not currently equal, there should only be the line of logic that men are humans and females are also humans, so there is nothing that should separate their equality.

Reality Check: Men and Women ARE equal.

I hope that as females, we can continue to push for equality and continue to present the truest form of feminism and stomp out all of the ignorance of man-hating. And I hope for all of the men out there, that you would be aware of what true feminism is, be aware of yourself and your choices, and most importantly, continue to grow your respect for your female counterparts.

If men and women were finally equal, there are so many things that could be possible. There are great things that we could achieve together. With all of the different strengths that each sex has and all of the different personalities that each individual has, there is not a single thing that would not be possible — the future is bright, and the future is not female — the future is equal.