How you doin with the realization of classes starting back up? Summer flew by, and coming back to campus is definitely a swirl of mixed emotions. We're replacing 3 AM drives with 8 AM lectures, and it is time to transition back into the realities of the school year. The first day of classes are different for everyone, but the "Friends" cast accurately describes the 10 stages of going back to class quite accurately.
1. Waking up at 7 am after sleeping in until noon the last few months.
...Let's face it, we're all going to press snooze at least three times before we actually get up.
2. Since it is the first day of class, you accept the fact you should maybe dress semi-presentable today, because God knows the rest of the semester is destined for sweatpants.
Overly sized t-shirts, running shorts, baseball caps and Birkenstocks are my go-to, if I'm being honest.
3. The walk of shame to the dining center for that first breakfast before 9 am.
Let's not forget the iconic face of makeup from last night that we were too lazy to take off.
4. Finally seeing your bestie and showing your true colors around them.
Ladies, nuff said.
5. Seeing that guy you may (or may not have) tried to avoid all last semester...
6. And then realizing you have a class with him!!
7. When your professor calls on you to answer something you clearly weren't listening to.
Fun tip: if you want to avoid this, sit in the front row of lecture halls because professors will (purposely) call on the kids slumped over in the back rows... And this actually happens often!
8. When class ends and you think that you're in the clear, but then realize you have the rest of the day ahead of you... and the rest of the semester.
But don't worry, once you make it through midterms, it's smooth sailing... until finals.
9. You for real now finish the day and are overcome with joy!
This is by far the best part of the day.
10. After the long day, you realize that these are the best four years of your life, and it's time to enjoy them!
There you have it, you survived day one of class! More than likely, this will happen again tomorrow and the next day... Maybe the day after that, who knows? You only have four more years, so enjoy every moment with the friends who will always be there for you.