The First Church Of Cannabis

The First Church Of Cannabis

"One toke, one smile, one love"

54

The First Church of Cannabis was established March 26th, 2015 in Indianapolis by a schnazzy, Bill Levin. The congregation, whose values are the core of every mainstream religion, express deep devotion to love, and compassion, towards ourselves, others, and the earth. Levin, The Grand Pooba and founder, quickly established legality for the new age church after Indiana's passing of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Under the act, use of cannabis is finally recognized by our government for its' spiritual qualities, as it strengthens our deep connection and admiration with and for the world around us.

Cannabis, "The Healing Plant" is our sacrament. It brings us closer to ourselves and others. It is our fountain of health, our love, curing us from depression

The group hopes to inspire and motivate the world around them for a better tomorrow, through the worship of spiritual and medicinal involvement with cannabis. Since Vedic Literature, cannabis has been directly associated with positive spiritual, medicinal, and love qualities.

The Vedas… describe how cannabis was created when the Gods stirred the heavenly oceans with the peak of Mount Mandara. A drop of amrita (heavenly nectar) fell from the sky and a sacred cannabis plant sprouted on the spot. Lord Siva brought the cannabis plant down from Mount Mandara for the pleasure of Mankind and for this the plant was consecrated to him [Siva]

The legalization and societal acceptance of cannabis is extremely overdue. To put everything in perspective, a plant in which grows naturally from the ground, something psycho-active, composed of chemicals our brains physically have receptors and inhibitors for is illegal. Beginning to recognize the healing qualities cannabis has would work towards a better future for not only our souls, but our globe, economy, and the environment. The First Church of Cannabis is one amongst many of the positive pushes for cannabis' overall productivity and efficiency to become legally and societally supported.

We've been working on relegalizing Marijuana in Indiana for nearly 50 years. It's been difficult to get an official conversation going, and that is still a project under construction. That is the result of the ignorance of those who we have elected to office, and the complete unwillingness to honestly address the issues. The realization of the First Church of Cannabis forced the discussion into the arena. They will now have to address the issues, and talk with us because of the overwhelming public support of this action. Yes, there are detractors, who look at us through pre-judged eyes, but they are small in comparison to the positivity and love the Church has received from so many.

The benefits of cannabis are overwhelming, ranging from being infrastructure to curing depression, cannabis itself is a wonder plant. An ailment in one regard could be that of our ever failing economy. Legalizing cannabis would not only stimulate, but nourish economies.10.2 Billion dollars is what the cannabis industry is going to be worth in the next five years, as the market continues to expand rapidly for its' magic. However, besides the plant's ability to create positive economic and societal growth, cannabis also develops positivity,cures inlless, and aids the spiritual and phsyical growth of our being's journey.

The congragation encourages and supports individually and as a group, the beautiful usage of cannabis for the body and mind. The founder consistently stresses 'One toke, one smile, one love.’ One part of Levin's sermon often includes cannabis curing depression. A study published within Neuropsychopharmicology journal gained new insight for cannabis' healing qualities.

Using compounds derived from cannabis — marijuana — to restore normal endocannabinoid function could potentially help stabilize moods and ease depression.... 75 percent of PTSD symptoms are reduced by the use of cannabis.

The study concluded the various benefits of cannabis through testing both people and rats. However, Levin and his congregation are not testing rats, but instead experiencing life's journey one toke at a time.