The Fearless Die Young

The Fearless Die Young

The closer you are to death, the more alive you feel.

28
The Fearless Die Young
tumblr

Losing stars that are so bright can put every single aspect into a perspective you have never looked at before. A perspective of reality and fiction. A perspective of true and false. A perspective of "is this actually possible?" Sometimes I ask myself what one would do if they knew that it was their last moment on this Earth or even if it was the last moment of someone that they love. What would we do to prevent such a loss from happening to us? Would we leave at a different time, even if it meant we would be late to work? Would we pay millions and millions of dollars just to avoid this inevitable heartbreak? Or would we let the course play out?

When you die young so much is taken from the loved ones that are surrounding you and the people that you never had the chance to meet.

We have been robbed of your presence. Your smile is no longer here to brighten all of our days. Your mother will never see you get married. We will not be able to catch up at our high school reunion. You will never complete all of your goals. Your dreams will never become a reality. You will never make the impossible, possible. The things that you were meant to do one day, will forever be left undone. People will sit around a room, talking about how funny you were or how kind you were or how you were going somewhere, someday. Unfortunately for everyone, that is all in the past tense and there is no someday. There is nothing that we can do about this.

When you're young, you live like the world is on your side and nothing could ever go wrong.

You feel so invincible as if nothing bad could ever happen to you. As if in one second, our lives could not completely do a 180 and change for the worse. As if in one second, we couldn't lose everything we have in this world. As if in one second, we couldn't die. I think that is our greatest downfall and greatest blessing because when you are young, you feel so wild and free.

Someone once said that, the closer you were to dying, the more alive that you felt and I know that's how I felt until recently when we lost an amazing soul to another tragedy. Until this experience, I took my life for granted every day. I text and I drive, I make stupid choices and I have an attitude that I can do it tomorrow instead of now. Like many, I live for the future and not for the present.

So for one second, look at your life. Stop waiting. This is it and there is nothing else. It’s here, and you’d better decide to enjoy it or you’re going to waste it. Not everyone can afford the privilege of growing old so let's take it all in for those that couldn't. Live like it's tomorrow because tomorrow might not come.