The Enemy's Weapon

The Enemy's Weapon

Those whispers of doubt you hear in your head aren't true

76
The Enemy's Weapon
tumblr

We all know that constant whisper in the back of our mind. The one that gets louder every time we choose to believe it. Every second, of every hour, of every day it is nonstop. The devil tries so hard to get us to believe the lies he plants in our mind. That's how he ultimately destroys us: with doubt. Depending on who you are, your lies will be different. Whether we choose to believe them or not, that's up to us. Thankfully Christ has something different to say and his voice is one filled with hope instead. Here are some of the lies I struggle with, and what I've learned God has to say about them in his Word.

"Nobody likes your personality"

you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you

Isaiah 43:4A

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Psalm 139:14

"Why is anyone friends with you?"

but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 18:24B

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 17:17

"Nobody struggles with the sin that you do"

As it is written, “Not even one person is righteous.

Romans 3:10

For we all stumble in many ways. If someone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect individual, able to control the entire body as well.

James 3:2

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

"He will never notice you"

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 6:33

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him...

Psalm 37:3-7

"You'll never be as pretty as her"

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Proverbs 31:30

There are husbands who, indifferent as they are to any words about God, will be captivated by your life of holy beauty. What matters is not your outer appearance—the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes—but your inner disposition. Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in.

1 Peter 3:3-5 (MSG)

"You'll never be as talented as that person"

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit;and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone.

1 Corinthians 12:4-6

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

James 1:7

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10:31

"God doesn't hear you"

The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.

Psalms 34:15

But certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me.

Psalms 66:19-20

"You're useless"

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

Isaiah 49:16

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

"You're all alone"

The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

Deuteronomy 31:8

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 147:3

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:23

"You can't be loved, not even by God"

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved...

Ephesians 2:4-5

God has so much more for you than the lies the enemy plants in your mind. In Him, there is freedom and all insecurities are washed away. Rest in these promises today, beautiful child of God.