The Definitive Ranking Of Towson Dining Halls

With classes starting back up, it's important to know where (and where not) to eat.

495

15. The Den (Downstairs in Newell Hall)
The Den boasts a lot of options: Italian, Tex-Mex, subs, grilled cheeses, salads, sandwiches, wraps, Outtakes food and Peet’s Coffee. Unfortunately for the Den’s wide variety, there have been a few too many food poisoning incidents, so you might be better off grabbing something to drink and heading upstairs to Newell.

14. Glen Marketplace (In the Glen Commons)
They have brick oven pizza, sandwiches, a salad bar and both vegetarian and vegan options. The food is usually just OK, and you can get better food at one of the other all-you-can-eat buffet dining halls.

13. Roadside BBQ (Downstairs in West Village Commons)
It’s your standard late-night barbecue place: burgers, chicken tenders or their personal masterpiece — the mashed potato bowl with corn and gravy. Probably not the best place to go if you’re trying to avoid the freshman 15, but if you’re looking for a single serving of delicious mac n' cheese, there’s no better place to be.

12. CLA Café (Liberal Arts Building)
They offer Starbucks coffee, Outtakes food, breakfast and lunch sandwiches and soups. The lines are always ridiculous, and there’s not a ton of seating room, so if you have time to kill and don’t mind sitting on the floor, it’s worth knowing that CLA Cafe’s broccoli and cheese soup is delicious.

11. Commons (Second Floor of West Village Commons)
Another all-you-can-eat buffet that offers a pasta station, pizza station, burrito station, stir-fry station, salad station and wrap station. There are a lot of choices (also with vegetarian and vegan options), and most of them are pretty good. And for those people living in West Village, this could not be more convenient.

10. NRG Express (Towson Center)
Nobody knows what this is, because it’s not on main campus. But if you have classes on the athletic corner of campus and want a snack, this sandwich, salad and Outtakes bar is perfect for you.

9. Paws (First floor of the Union)
You probably don’t go to Paws for the healthy food or friendly dining workers, but you go for the atmosphere (and the fact that they’re the only dining hall open at midnight). The deep booths, pool tables and bar stools are always busy, and there’s usually something going on by the stage. Paws also offers a few bakery options, brews Starbucks coffee and tea and the mozzarella sticks are BOMB.

8. Newell Hall (Upstairs of Newell)
Definitely the best of the all-you-can-eat dining halls, Newell has the same options, but a larger salad bar, a grill station and all-day breakfast omelets. There’s plenty of room to grab a big table with friends or study in one of the booths. Newell also offers a wider range of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan food and has a specific Kosher section.

7. Pure Café (In the Center of Fine Arts)
If you’re going for healthy choices, Pure is a great option. They offer a range of local, fresh, preservative-free and organic products, and they serve Starbucks coffee as well.

6. Jamba Juice (Downstairs in West Village Commons)
They offer decent sandwiches and flatbreads, but their smoothies are the highlight. If coffee isn’t your style, swing by and grab a delicious and healthy drink to take to class!

5. Admin Café (7200 York Rd, Administration Building)
The Admin Café is a hidden gem. The lines are always short (since students don’t frequent this spot), and they serve great salads, wraps and sandwiches. If you’re by 7800 York Rd and have time to kill, check out this little-known café!

4. Einstein Bros Bagels (Downstairs in West Village Commons)
There is no better hangover remedy than an Einstein’s bagel and coffee. They serve warm bagels all day, pizza bagels, deli sandwiches, coffee, smoothies, parfaits and anything you get is worth waiting in line for.

3. Au Bon Pain (Hawkins Hall)
ABP is your ideal, cute dining hall with sandwiches and salads, but the real reason to go is for their pastries, soups and breads. It’s a little more money, but it’s well worth the dining points for food that good.

2. Ptux (Second floor of the Union, Patuxent Room)
This isn’t No. 1 for one reason — the hours are very limited. When it actually is open, Ptux has great sandwiches, pasta, and Mexican food and lots of room to hang out. The lines are long and the room is packed, but that’s just a testament to how good the food is.

1. Susq (Second floor of the Union; Susquehanna Dining Hall)
Susq, as far as college dining goes, is practically five-star. It has Bedda Burger, New York Deli & Salads, Pazelli's Pizza, Chick-Fil-A and Kappa Sushi, as well as a stir-fry station, cupcakes, a make-your-own parfait station and Peet's Coffee. There are so many choices, and they are all good.