The Correct Order To Apply Your Skincare Products

Your guide to clearer skin!

17
Photo by Ana Shvets on Pexels.com

There are so many different products you use on your face, but applying these things in the correct order is a HUGE necessity. I was one who struggled to keep my face squeaky clean and free of acne until I learned the exact order of application (this saved my skin). Below is the true order of the application of products.

1. WASH YOUR FACE

Photo by Vitória Santos from Pexels

Washing your face should always be the first thing you do, AM and PM, before applying anything else to your face! Washing your face morning and night is very beneficial to your skin. It helps prevent breakouts and washes away the remaining dirt and oil deep under your skin. According to the AADA (American Academy of Dermatology Association), washing your face with lukewarm water and patting your skin dry (not rubbing) will give you the best results. Try to stick to gentle cleansers like CeraVe, Aveeno, and others like these.

2. Antioxidants or Serums

Photo by Valeriia Miller on Pexels.com

As you've probably seen, The Ordinary has recently been very popular due to their super effective serums. "Serums protect your skin from free radicals and future damage", says Healthline.com. There are many different types of serums like hydrating, acne-prone, and brightening ones too! Adding a serum into your everyday skin routine can really help soothe your skin and give it a bright and glowing finish!

3. Under Eye Creams/Eye Masks

Photo by Sora Shimazaki from Pexels

If you have dark spots or dull under eyes, add this step into your routine! Eye creams really help bright out the brightness you've been missing. Also, I recommend applying your mask/cream with a jade roller. Jade rollers help uplift your skin and boost your skins circulation process, making your underlies less puffy. The brands Tula and Glossier make great eye products if you're looking for new ones!

4. Breakout Treatments

Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

Breakouts are the WORST, and we can all agree on that. What would we do without spot treatments? It is ideal to apply acne treatments right before your moisturizer so it can really soak into the skin and start to heal your breakouts. Neutrogena and Hero Cosmetics make great spot treatments that won't burn your skin or make it overly dry.

5. Last But Not Least, Moisturizer

Photo by Ekaterina Bolovtsova from Pexels

You can NEVER apply too much moisturizer. Moisturizer helps refresh, hydrate, and plump the skin. It's a great final step to your skincare routine, no matter how many steps yours may be! It also helps protect your skin's outer covering. It basically helps conceals the rest of the products you put on your skin and keeps them contained. Always remember to moisturize!

Hopefully you can add these tips and brands into your everyday skin routine! Happy skin, happy life!