The Christmas Fever Has Arrived

The Christmas Fever Has Arrived

Why I'm excited that my favorite holiday of the year is on its way back.
121

Giving thanks and dining on delicious Thanksgiving food has finally come to an end as we wrap up the month of November. The end of the eleventh month of the year brings us to one of the best times of the year: Christmas Time.

Christmas this, Christmas that, Christmas everything. Though I'm not too fond of the cold and icy snow-filled winter, December is one of my favorite months of the year because it's the home of the best holiday ever celebrated.

Christmas has its place as my favorite holiday for many reasons.

It is a time to give back to people, and it's only so special this time of the year. Sure, there are birthdays and anniversaries, but nothing beats Christmas giving. I mean, who doesn't love presents, and who doesn't love giving them?! Although I am one of the most broke college students out there, that doesn't stop me from giving to my friends and family. They mean so much to me, so why wouldn't they deserve everything and more?

Christmas not only brings the gift of giving, but the lights tag along too. My favorite part of this holiday are the ways people are able to express their Christmas cheer (or not, for those of you who keep your house in a dark shell for the winter months) through their use of Christmas lights on their houses and in their yards. Whether it's icicle lights or a mighty Santa in his sleigh with his reindeer in your yard, the lights bring about the festivities. I mean, I've seen some pretty extravagant houses. People go all out. And when it snows and the snow glistens from the reflection of the lights...how can you say that you don't love that? The thing about lights is that they make a standard, ordinary neighborhood into something extraordinary. I always make sure to go out every year and drive around different neighborhoods to see the lights because it makes me so happy that everyone else is as happy for Christmas as I am.

Along with giving back and holiday lights, Christmas is one of my favorite holidays because I am able to spend time with the people that I love. It's not often that everyone gets to see their extended family, so I really appreciate this time of year because I am able to spend time with either side of my family. I love being able to see everyone and catch up on our lives over the past few months. It's really exciting and something I hope that everyone is able to do.

One last reason that Christmas is my favorite holiday is because of the awesome Christmas trees. Whether you're a fan of the faux tree or a fan of the real one, I won't judge you. I love that everyone has a tree of their own and you don't usually come across twin trees. They're all unique and special to the people that put them up and decorate them each year, and I think that's really something great.

So, if you're not a fan of Christmas, I'm very sorry. And to those of you who are, celebrate that Christmas fever the same ways I love to. Happy Holiday's!