The Chef vs The King

The Chef vs The King

Can Curry and the Warriors upset King James on the Biggest Stage?

12
The Chef vs The King

Stephen Curry and Lebron James are set to face off against each other in the Play-In Tournament tonight at 10 pm EST.

There has been much talk and questions on whether Steph Curry and his Golden State Warriors can upset the defending champion Lebron James and the Los Angeles Lakers. In all honesty and transparency, there is much indication that the 3 time champion can pull it off.

Stephen Curry is having a career season, averaging 32 points on an extremely depleted Warriors team without its second best player in Klay Thompson, who is still recoveing from an ACL tear he sustained during the 2018-2019 NBA Finals, and an Achilles tear when prepping for the season.

As a result, Steph Curry has been the sole star to "man the fort" for the Golden State Warriors this season. The second best player on his team is Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins is a more than serviceable player that can give you 20 points in a given night. However, he is no where near the skill level of Klay Thompson. So it has, more or less, been Steph Curry keeping the team in contention throughout this shortened NBA season.

In a best of seven playoff series, it is generally agreed that Lebron James and the Lakers would edge out Steph Curry and the Warriors. In a team to team comparison, the Lakers are easily the better team this season. They have arguably the best player in the league with Lebron , a top ten player in Anthony Davis and a serviceable supporting cast like Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope , and Alex Caruso. As stated before, the Warriors have little to no one aside from Steph Curry.

However, this isnt a best of seven playoff series, this is a winner take all. The winner of this game will take the 7th seed in the playoffs to face the Phoenix Suns in the Playoffs. And honestly, if it is a matter of winning just one game, it is not inconceivable for Steph Curry to take his game to another level to beat Lebron James and the Lakers. Stephen Curry is built in that way.

Only tonight will tell and it is certain to be Hardwood Classic for the record books.