The Breakup Letter To 2016

The Breakup Letter To 2016

It's not working out anymore

8
The Breakup Letter To 2016

Dear 2016,

Well, it's been a whole year now. A whole 365 days. Not going to lie, but some of the things you brought to everyone made this a very long year to go through.

For starters, it was the beginning of January and you started the year out by announcing Donald Trump would be running for President. No one took it seriously or thought of the whole situation. Little did we know, Mr. Trump was being serious and later gave half the nation a heart attack when they found out he became our next President. Really hope Canada doesn't mind a ton of pissed off Americans moving into their country.

Not only did you put our nation in the hands of Trump, but you brought probably the worst trends to ever hit the media. If people thought 2015 was bad, with the "black and blue vs. white and gold dress" or the crazy weird obsession with the man bun, then they need to look back on the awful things you brought us this year.

I'm going to start with the most stupid trend to ever become a thing: body wraps waist trimmers. I don't really know when, how, or why these became a thing, but they definitely shouldn't be. The slow down the blood flow in your body, compress on your ribs, and make it hard for you to breathe. Everyone thought this was a great idea because you gave this to the Kardashian's first and they (of course) had to take a picture of themselves wearing them. And with today's society, what the Kardashian's do is always good. So thank you for bringing that useless fad into this year.

The bottle flip. Really? Again, this was probably just started because someone thought it was cool when they caught it on camera. But thanks for creating a way to keep children and most college kids occupied for an hour while they try to get the flip down. This and the mannequin challenge was probably the most unoriginal thing to happen. Like congratulations, you can throw a bottle 360 degrees and you can hold a position for a long period of time while "Black Beetles" plays in the background.

The overuse of the word Bae. Yeah, it's cute and funny at first when you say it once or twice. But replacing your boyfriend/girlfriend's first name with Bae is the worst. I'll bet you half the people using the word Bae don't even know what it stands for, so thanks for giving us yet another abbreviated pet name to use for everything.

Last, but certainly not least, you brought probably the most awful fashion trends. Emoji clothing, denim patched jeans, socks with sandals, and flower crowns. This was the best ideas for fashion you could come up with? Nice, real nice.

Well, 2016, hopefully after reading this letter you can understand why this would never work out anymore. You've caused too much damage to this society, and it can't happen anymore. It's been real, it's been somewhat fun, but it has definitely not been real fun.

Sincerely,

Everyone who is done with you and ready for 2017.