To The Boy Who Made Me Question My Worth

"What a wicked way to treat the girl that loved you" - Beyonce

309
Chrome Geek

Dear "ex,"

I remember when we first started talking, you were charming, treated me well, did all the little things and made me feel special. I saw something in you that made me interested. Even though I knew it could cause trouble, I went after you. We were happy for a while but suddenly you became an extremely different person. The person who I talked to and cared deeply for was no longer there, but somehow I still saw him in you. That was my mistake.

I need you to know a few important things. The purpose of this article is not to trash you, it is to help a girl who is being made feel the way you made me feel. I do not hate you either, although, I do hate the way you treated me. I do not believe that you are a bad person; I believe that you just did not know how to be with someone. I need you to understand all of these things. I need you to take them in and think about them before you decide to be with someone else. Please never make a girl feel the way you made me feel because no one deserves that.You always had me afraid. I was not afraid of you, however I was afraid of how irrational you could be. I was on edge and afraid to be myself around you. You would snap at me in the blink of an eye for absolutely no reason. I remember you losing your temper on me after I asked for something so simple from you, time. You called me ignorant and walked all over me for this simple request. You then proceeded to tell me something that is unspoken in relationships, you made a list and spoke that list to me: family, friends, me. You made it clear that I was your last priority. You made me feel so unimportant.

I remember so vividly the way you tore me down in front of others. You refused to introduce me to your friends. You would stand next to me in a crowd of faces unfamiliar to me and not say a word. You did not tell me their names nor tell them mine. You left me alone and went to interact with them. This was the first time I ever found myself feeling alone in a crowded room. I remember trying to be good to you and showing you I cared with small gestures, like a drink after a long game in the heat, only for you to shut me down in front of everyone. You humiliated me in front of your friends. For what reason? To feel cool? To show I was inferior to you? You made me feel so alone.

You were so hot and cold when it came to me. One day you were all in telling me I was one of the most amazing people you had ever met and the next telling me you didn't want me and making me feel like I was crazy. I was never at ease when it came to you. You had me wrapped around your finger. I was afraid that you would walk away from me and you made it very clear to me you had the ability to. I would fight endlessly and tirelessly to make you stay. You made me feel so run down and unworthy.

I'll never forget the way that you belittled me. Intentional or not, you had a way of making me feel so insecure. I was compared to other girls in your life. You'd tell me how others had better personalities, features, etc. than me. You made me feel like you always had someone better on the back burner for when you decided to leave. You would make comments at me asking if I could be on my own. This single question had me thinking I couldn't. I will never forget this feeling, the fear that I could not go on by myself. You made me feel so dependent.

No human being deserves to be treated this way. I was made insecure and uncomfortable. I saw good in you when I shouldn't have and that is my mistake. Take this in and understand how I felt. Never make another girl feel this way. Think before you decide to be with someone else.

Sincerely,

The girl you almost broke.