Give Back With 'The Big Event' In Tallahassee

Join over 2,000 volunteers for one big day of service on March 30th!

24

One of the most charitable and widespread organizations from Florida State University has to be The Big Event. The Big Event is a huge one-day event where thousands of students and faculty members come together to participate in community service around Tallahassee. This year The Big Event will commence at 9:00 a.m. on March 30th at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center. Although the organization is situated within FSU, The Big Event extends its volunteer participation to Florida A&M; University and Tallahassee Community College. The inclusion of all the major Tallahassee schools ensures the sense of shared community this organization strives towards.

There are several ways you can become a part of this great experience through registering as a volunteer, becoming a sponsor or donating. As a volunteer, you can enjoy the hands-on experience of helping the community by assisting for example in park cleanup, senior home assistance, or food pantry stocking. To embark on a great day of giving back to the Tallahassee community, register here. If you own a local business in Tallahassee and would like to contribute to the success of The Big Event, you can consider becoming a sponsor of the organization. As a sponsor, your business can help The Big Event with the financial needs of volunteer recruitment items, resources for community outreach, and event day rental costs. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, more information can be found here. If you cannot register to volunteer on March 30th and are not involved in sponsorship, donating is a great way to support the cause. You can donate directly to The Big Event through the FSU Foundation. Even if you cannot attend or sponsor The Big Event in person, a donation of any amount contributes to the continuation of charitable, community-oriented programs.

Many students do not realize how much the local business, organizations, and residents support us through our journey in college. Tallahassee is on the map as a major college-town because students make up a large portion of its population, but what do we do to give back? Many of us take for granted just how much support our college-town provides to students. If just one day can make a lasting impact for the community, that is not too much to ask for a town that gives us so much.

Join The Big Event on March 30th to thank the organizations, businesses, and residents of Tallahassee through a day of service.