The Best Shows To Binge On Netflix

The Best Shows To Binge On Netflix

Are you ready for less sleep than you've ever gotten?

124
fineartstheatreplace.com

As a college student, Netflix is an integral part of life. It's there when you want everyone on the floor to watch a movie, when you wanna watch some of the best episodes of a show with a couple friends, or when you want to binge a whole season in a day. I most definitely am guilty of the latter. I think that the first show that I truly "binge watched" was Grey's Anatomy. At that point, the show only had 9 seasons and was much easier to watch in quick succession. Now it's up to season 14. Since then, I have watched so many shows on Netflix. Of course I had seen some of them before and just watched them for nostalgia purposes. Listed below you will find 15 fantastic television shows that I think you should binge watch right now.

1. Grey's Anatomy

Let's start with the obvious. Grey's Anatomy is something that I binge watched, and you should too. It's a show about doctors, how dumb you're thinking... I'm warning you now though, you will shed ALL of the tears. You'll laugh too and you'll fall in love with every single character in a different way. It's hard not to get attached to such well written characters. This is also one of those shows that's incredible to see how all of the characters change throughout the seasons because of how long it is. (The 14th season is starting this fall.)

2. Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is such a quality television show. You can watch it with any member of your family and I'm sure they'd love it. I wouldn't binge watch it with them though because they might actually like sleep. I watched this one over a course of about 3 weeks. There are seven seasons of pure happiness, love, wittiness, and humor. Once you're done with this one, I'd love to argue about if you're on Team Jess, Team Dean, or Team Logan. (Team Logan over here.) Also, once you finish the original series, you can binge watch the reboot that came out last year.

3. Glee

I've already written an article on Glee and why it's my favorite TV show, but I'll say it again for those in the back. I LOVE Glee. It's incredibly well-done for a show of its kind that the network wasn't even sure was going to last. I'm so glad it did last. Now, I didn't binge watch this one, but you totally could. It's only 6 seasons which is way shorter than others! (Looking at you, Grey's Anatomy.) I can't even fully explain how great Glee is. I would just binge watch it and see for yourself.

4. Stranger Things

Stranger Things is one of the best shows available on Netflix right now. Plus, it's only 8 episodes! You read that right. Episodes. Not seasons. (Still looking at you, Grey's Anatomy.) Stranger Things takes place in arguably the best decade, also known as the eighties. It's a science-fiction show that follows a group of kids after one of their own go missing. I didn't think I would like it at first, but I managed to watch all eight episodes in a day and a half and I only stopped because I had to school to go to. It's a ten out of ten and I would highly suggest it be added to your binge watch list.

5. Friends

Ah, the nineties, or as I like to call it, the decade that produced Friends. I love Friends so much. I binge watched all 10 seasons (still less than Grey's Anatomy) in just over a month. Crazy, right? The episodes are approximately 22 minutes long on average, so it's a very doable thing. Friends is hilarious. It'll make you laugh and cry at the same time. It'll make you so angry that you'll wanna slap Ross in the face. But most importantly, it'll make you feel happy. If you don't listen to any of my other suggestions, at least listen to this one and go clear your schedule. Everyone needs a little Friends in their life.

6. American Horror Story

I didn't binge watch American Horror Story on Netflix, but I did binge watch the first four seasons all on DVD. Now there are six seasons, and soon to be seven. If you're going to binge watch this one, it is not for the faint of heart. That's what horror is though. Of all of the shows I've suggested, this is the most mature one. Each season is a completely different plot (they could be connected possibly), but my personal favorite is season two which takes place in asylum.

So hit the couch and get ready for some Netflix binging.