The Best Parts Of A Wedding

The Best Parts Of A Wedding

Weddings are always fun, but there are a few moments that stand out every time.
181

I went to a wedding this past weekend and it was flawless. Personally, I love going to weddings because they are occasions that bring out the best in people. Everyone is laughing, smiling, dancing, crying, and in general just so friendly and upbeat. I suppose it’s because people love to rally around love. And by that I mean weddings are a validation that love really does work out for some people, which brings everyone else a little hope.

There are usually three main parts to a wedding: the rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony, and the reception. Now these are all fun in their own regard, but there are specific parts of each that should be looked forward to.

The Rehearsal Dinner: This is the first event where you actually see the number of people that have gathered to celebrate the couple. This is also the night where many roasts (disguised as toasts) take place, sparking lots of laughter and usually mild embarrassment on the groom or bride’s side.

The food at this event, as well as the wedding is always on point. Also, when you’re one of the youngest people there, the "kid’s table" is where you will find yourself, (well, a kid’s table with all 20+ year-olds). I will never be too old for the kid’s table; that’s where all the entertainment is anyway.

The Wedding Ceremony: This is definitely the sweetest part of all. Everyone sits quietly waiting for the bridal party to enter the venue. Finally, the groomsmen and bridesmaids start walking down the main aisle, and then you hear the wedding march and everyone looks back to see the bride. It might be because of the movie, "27 Dresses," but I have started looking back at the groom at this part because it’s the first time he’s seeing his future wife, and he always looks incredibly happy and awestruck, which is beautiful to witness. Obviously it’s great watching the bride coming down the aisle, too, because she always looks gorgeous, and the dresses are always something out of a fairytale.

The vows and rings are exchanged, and if you look around, the married couples are all holding hands. It’s just really special.

But enough sappy stuff…

The Reception: This is the party everyone looks forward to all weekend. The bride and groom are relieved because they are finally married, and now they can just relax and party with their family and friends. Whether there is a band or a DJ, the music is always a mix of classic throwbacks and some modern hits that get everyone to the dancefloor. Usually the result of an open bar, people have no qualms about showing off their moves. There is always one guy that has had just a little too much, entertaining everyone with his spastic dancing.

Finally there are the people at weddings. I love meeting new people, and as I mentioned (probably due to intoxication) everyone is super friendly, and sometimes, hilarious conversations come out of these encounters.

Basically, weddings are awesome. The people, the music, the food, the dancing; it’s all pretty great. People should get married more often, for the sake of everyone else.