Don't Forget Thanksgiving

Don't Forget Thanksgiving

Low-key the best holiday.

36
Don't Forget Thanksgiving
National Geographic

The day after Halloween, everyone goes straight into Christmas mode. Don't believe me? Have you seen the stores? They had Christmas stuff up before Halloween was even over. Disney? Disney took their Halloween decorations in the early morning hours of November 1st to decorate Disney World with Christmas decorations.

There's one thing missing here....Thanksgiving. Why does everyone want to skip over one of the best holidays there is?

1. No gift giving.

You don't have to give gifts at Thanksgiving. Your only requirement is to sit down and eat all day. Who doesn't love that?

2. Lots of family time.

Thanksgiving is the one holiday during the year that I see a lot of my family members. It's a lot of fun being able to catch up with them.

3. Delicious food.

Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, pie, it goes on and on. By dessert time everyone is napping. (Shoutout to Aunt Maryann for killing it every year.)

4. Lots of laughs.

Nothing is better than hearing the classic family stories and laughing along to all of them.

5. Time to be thankful.

Thanksgiving is almost the end of the year, but there's still a little bit of time. It gives us all a chance to look back at our year and decide how to move forward with the upcoming New Year. Sitting around a table of your entire family, it's hard to not be thankful.