The Beauty Of The Rosary

The Beauty Of The Rosary

"I’ve been Catholic all my life and yet, I don’t pray the Rosary nearly enough as I should."
113

As many of my close friends know, I'm Catholic. I've been Catholic all my life and yet, I don't pray the Rosary nearly enough as I should.

For those who don't know, the Rosary is a series of beads and each bead represents a certain prayer. When praying the Rosary, you go around praying each bead and picturing the mysteries that Jesus went through during His time here.

To most non-Catholics, praying the rosary is probably pretty weird, but to me, it is one of the most meaningful things you can do.

Unlike normal conversational prayers people pray, the Rosary's prayers are repeated, spiritual prayers.

The rosary is extremely important because praying it brings you closer to God in a different way. Praying the rosary is a way to meditate on Jesus and His life as man on Earth. As we pray we remember the stages of Christ's life, the mysteries of faith. Each mystery represents 5 stages in Christ's life, and there are 4 mysteries; joyful, glorious, luminous, and sorrowful mysteries. The sorrowful mysteries represent stages during Jesus's death. The glorious mysteries are the resurrection. The luminous mysteries are the mysteries of light that represent Jesus's time in the public. And the joyful mysteries represent the annunciation or Jesus's birth.

Reflecting on the stages of Jesus's life brings you closer to Him and helps us to develop even deeper appreciation for everything He did.

When you are praying the Rosary you are focusing on the Rosary and Jesus's life. It's a way to completely immerse yourself in prayer and completely immerse yourself in God and what Jesus went through for us. When you pray the Rosary you are chanting the praises and you can truly feel God's presence.

Tools like the Rosary are very beneficial in your walk with God. For some people, the Rosary makes it easy to focus on prayer and not get distracted. Praying the Rosary takes time and dedication and as long as it's being done from the heart, it can help you to grow in your faith and relationship with God.