The Beauty Of Fear

The Beauty Of Fear

There is beauty all around, sometimes you just need to look a little harder.

1032
The Beauty Of Fear
tumblr.com

If you look up the definition of fear, you will find that it is defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain or a threat. That’s the correct or logical explanation, but what is fear to the average person; what is fear to people like you and me.

Fear is the anxiety you feel before taking a really big test. It’s the feeling after you send a risky text to someone. It’s the feeling right before your parents or your boss is about to yell at you. Fear can be as big as the feeling you get when your little brother hasn’t come home yet and it’s almost midnight and it can be as small as the feeling you get before you have to get up in front of a room full of people to speak. Fear can be as insignificant as the moment you jump out of your seat when watching a scary movie.

All in all, I think it’s safe to say that almost everyone identifies fear as something that is negative or something that is bad, something that is ugly. Fear is something that no one wishes to experience.

I think fear is beautiful. The fact that we are able to experience the overwhelming feeling of being afraid is simply amazing. That fear that you feel before sending that risky text or after you’ve already sent it and you’re anticipating the response that is awesome. You’re probably reading this wondering what the heck is wrong with this girl?

Fear means you have something to lose.

That is simply beautiful if you ask me.

There are so many things that we look at as being ugly or being an unpleasant thing but there’s always two sides to everything and there is always beauty in everything, sometimes you just need to look a little harder.

What I want everyone that reads this article to do is find a feeling or a thing that the vast majority finds ugly or annoying or just doesn’t like and find the beauty in it.