The Bachelor
relationships

To 'The Bachelor' Franchise, You Shouldn’t Have To Be Skinny To Find Love

Personality > looks, period.

5856
the bachelor

I'm just going to start off by saying, I love "The Bachelor." I haven't missed an episode in a hot minute, and I love the drama that comes along with the show. However, I am sick and tired of seeing the same types of women/men appear on the show. You literally only see skinny/fit women and buff men.

First off, why? I understand that they're appealing to the eye, but you do not have to be skinny to be beautiful or have a good personality. What are we showing the next generation by watching a show that only shows skinny women or men with abs? We are showing them that this is the ideal way to look.

Secondly, what is wrong with seeing a little chub every now and then? Honestly, dad bods are very in right now! Why not have some dad bods on the show? Or why not have a woman with curves? They are just as beautiful or handsome as the next!

Thirdly, I think it's a little nuts how there are so many women who look fairly similar to each other. We need more diversity! We don't need two beauty queens, no offense. What we need is classy people. We want to see nice men/women who love animals and their families, not a battle between two Miss USA contestants.

I love this show as much as the next girl, I just feel like we should be raising our younger people to be body positive and be comfortable in their skin. This is to no way be offensive to anyone, and I am sorry if this article rubs you the wrong way. We have full-figured Barbie dolls now, so why not show full-figured women on reality shows?