The Art Of Chaos

The Art Of Chaos

"The only thing about chaos, is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces our hearts to roar in a way we secretly find magnificent" -Christopher Poindexter

30
The Art Of Chaos
Brianna Michelle Crane

Through the past year and a half that I have been in college it has been filled with joy, sorrow, anger, happiness, love, compassion, and everything else in between. Many of times I have found myself to be completely overwhelmed with balancing school work, a job, my personal life, and my social life all in one. I have found it harder than usual for me to do so, especially just within this semester.

However, throughout all of the chaos that has gone on just within this past semester, (especially with living in a sorority house with 40 girls) I have come to terms with the fact that my life is chaos, but beautiful chaos.

With all the things I have to manage, times can be tough, especially when having to decide if I want to eat that night or shower, since most of the time I typically do not even have the time to do both. But I know that even though sometimes life can get the best of me and be a bit overwhelming, that if I do not take advantage of it now that one day I will wish I could have it back. I have learned to condense this chaos into the idea that I am nothing but blessed. I am blessed to have such great friends and family that will always help me out and be there for me when times get tough. I am blessed to be receiving an education from an excellent university, and I am blessed to be living the life that I live.

Often times we get caught up in the jumble of life and we do not step back and learn to appreciate everything that is going on around us, until it is too late. The saying "You never know what you have until it is gone" is sadly true, and even though most people know and understand this, they still do not take the time to appreciate the life they are currently living.

I know that often times I get stressed out about things going on, but I know one day I will wish I could be in my sorority one more time, or spend one more day in college, or relive that one specific day with my family again. What people do not realize is that by living life this way by simply 'wishing for it all back' they are doing nothing but wasting the present. If life was a constant battle of wishing back time that has already past, then we would never truly be living.

Even though I have 'not yet experienced many things that adults have to go through', I still am an adult and I still understand that the art of chaos is a wild idea but it should not be taken lightly. We need to learn that simply because something does not seem to be going our way, or that things seem to be going pretty crazy at the moment, that it is not the end of the world. We need to appreciate the present that is happening around us and understand that this is the life we were blessed to live with, whether we like it or not. Understanding this will not only promote living a more full and enjoyable life, but it will help us become at peace with the idea that we can not control everything and everything happens for a reason.