To The Almost Freshman

To The Almost Freshman

This chapter in your life is going to be a great one.

To The Almost Freshman

It's almost the end of May, which means that school is almost over. You are stressing over finals while continuously reminding yourself how many days are left until you graduate. You've danced all night at your senior prom, you've bought a thousand shirts with your future college's logo on it, you're getting graduation party invitations, and it might seem that everything is changing so quickly. Senior week is here, and you and all of your pals are dressing up like grandma's or wearing your college's shirt. With all this excitement that is going on, you might also feel sad because these last few weeks are going to be last times that you and your friends will walk these halls together, cram for tests near the lockers together, or watch your team go to the playoffs. Graduation is here, and you did it! You run to all your friends and take as many graduation pictures as possible.

It's June, and it seems like the days are blending together. As you are buying everything that you want to decorate your dorm with and packing up all of your items, you are going to look back and think about how fast time flies. It seemed like yesterday you were picking out which light up sneakers you want and now you are picking out what major you want to study. It's OK to be nervous/scared because this is a huge step in your life. You are probably panicking about finding a roommate but don' because the right person will come along. Even if you can't find a roommate just choose to get a random roommate! If it isn't working out you can switch before the semester starts. Your parents are probably already starting to get emotional about you leaving them and going off to school. Let your parents be emotional about it, because this is also a huge step for them! Try to spend as much time with them and your siblings before you leave, because they are going to miss you endlessly.

It's July and move-in is a month away. If you have decided that you're going to go through recruitment then you are probably running endlessly trying to find the perfect dresses to wear and the perfect pair of earrings to go with your bid day outfit. More than likely you are trying to revamp your closet and you are buying tons of new clothes. Make sure you buy running shorts, a simple black dress that you can wear to many different events, buy flannels and don't buy things only because you're wondering what guys will think about you. Since, move i day is almost here it also means that you and your friends will be going your separate ways soon. Go on endless coffee dates, go to your favorite restaurant with your best friends—don't let these last few weeks slip away.

It's August, which means it is move-in month and the beginning of the semester! You are probably looking at all of your boxes trying to figure out how you are going to fit everything into your car. Fast forward and move-in day is here. You try to find your way through the lines of check in trying to find out how to get your key and where your building is. You get everything you need and you are standing in front of your new place nervously trying to open the door. Once you have everything settled and put into place, it is time to say goodbye to your parents. You say goodbye to them and you get this weird feeling inside because you're on your own. You go back to your dorm or to get a cup of coffee while trying to figure out how you're not going to get lost on campus.

College is a blast, and this new chapter in your life is going to be an amazing one.