The 6 People You Saw at Blue Angels Pensacola Beach Airshow

There are a few types of people that you are guaranteed to see at the Blue Angels Beach Airshow.

140
Studer Group

The Blue Angels are the US Navy's Flight Demonstration Squad, and they are most definitely #squadgoals. This past weekend they performed in their hometown of Pensacola, FL and more specifically performed their Pensacola Beach Show, different from their Pensacola Homecoming Show that happens in November. If you claim Pensacola as your home, like I do, then you have probably seen the Blues (Pensacola locals affectionate name for the team) many times before this past weekend. Living in Pensacola we regularly enjoy seeing the Blues practice and fly over town on Sundays on their way home from various shows.

The beach show brings tens, sometimes hundreds of thousands of people each year, often times breaking crowd records set just a year previously. With this many people, there are several categories of people that you are bound to encounter—

1. The phone/camera in hand all day person.

This person only watches the show through the lens of their camera/phone. I get it, you want to be able to send pictures to friends and family to: 1. Brag and 2. Use the hashtag: #ilivewhereyouvacation. Suggestion, put it down. Live in the moment and enjoy the show. Trust me, there are plenty of professional photographers out there and their high-quality pictures will be on all social media platforms within the hour.

2. The sunburnt and *probably drunk*.

Cheers to you. You're having a great day. You've probably been here since sunrise and put on sunscreen then, but not since. These people are having the most fun today, but will be the most miserable tomorrow. Good people to make friends with day-of though. Probably will use "Merica" more than once today.

3. The just here to drink.

These people are interesting. They can be the life of the party or the mood killer. Too often we see this person being carted off by EMS or Police Officers (a big thank you to these guys and gals for all you do on this magical day) and usually slumped over looking like they don't know their name. Congratulations, you had a good run for a few hours, but hopefully, this will be a lesson learned. And thank you for giving the rest of us some quality entertainment while you lasted.

4. The loyal fan.

For those that have lived in Pensacola for any amount of time, there is a loyalty to the Blues that can only be compared to the loyalty to your favorite college football team. These are great people that are here to have a good time. They love the Blues, the Navy, and most importantly, love America. A winning combination.

5. The tourist

This person is mad that there are so many people around and have no idea what they've gotten into. This may be their first Blues show and when they got to the beach at 9:00 am and had to sit in traffic for hours they were not happy. I actually overheard one of these individuals say to a group that she had "been in this spot for a while now and didn't appreciate them being so close." I think she just needed a refreshing beverage. Word of advice for these folks, we'll be happy to share the beaches, beverages, and experience if you return the kindness.

6. The professional.

Obviously not their first rodeo. These people have the routine down to a science. All of their tents, coolers, bags, etc. fit perfectly into their beach wagon and they can set up/take down in record times. They know where the best spots are to watch the show and will navigate through the crowds flawlessly. These are the people passing out extra sunscreen, water, or other refreshments to the rookies that surround them. These people know how to make the most of the day and can't wait to do it all again next year.

The Blues always put on an emotional performance, but this year brought some extra tears. All across the beach the extra love could be felt and seen for our #6 Blue Angel Hero watching from above, Captain Jeff Kuss. Though there are all kinds of different fans out there we all have one thing in common, the appreciation and love for our Blue Angel Pilots.

The whole day was spectacular and watching the Blues is something that everyone should put at the top of their bucket list. I for one, look forward to doing it all again next year!

For more pictures check out: http://www.pnj.com/story/news/military/2016/07/18/...